Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
And looking around other transfers you really think near enough £60m is what he's worth?... Yet Mahrez isn't worth more than that.

Did Barca want to sign Mahrez too?

Because that's who we had to rival for Laporte.

As things stand, only City have a concrete interest in Mahrez. Whether that's a question of wider perception or Leicester overvaluing the player...

How did we overpay? - it's a release clause - 18 months have also elapsed between his decision to stay and show he was over his broken leg and the market then again moving upwards.
You overpaid because nobody else in the world is paying anything close to £60m for him. I can't take anyone serious on here who moans about Mahrez costing more than £60m, but thinking that lad for £60m is value for money.

So you overpaid? Because all I keep hearing is that you won't overpay any more.
You claimed he should go for 95m because Coutinho went for 130
So if Mahrez signs a new deal, will you pay him 200k a week because Coutinho is on 250?

Cherry picking certain deals to suit your reasoning doesn't work in real life.
We paid 20m for Gündogan, so why didn't you let Drinkwater leave for 15m?

You overpaid because nobody else in the world is paying anything close to £60m for him. I can't take anyone serious on here who moans about Mahrez costing more than £60m, but thinking that lad for £60m is value for money.

We really don't care what you do or don't take seriously.

In truth nobody actually knows the exact figures and what is going on. I'd like Mahrez here but if not meh, we have the PL only 100pts squad. I think we'll get by ;-)

Only worth what someone is willing to pay, same goes for houses, cars, whatever.

We did not set the Laporte valuation who, for the record, was still worth it to US because we needed central defensive cover and his relative young age. Laporte's price was set based on his ceiling.

Unless Mahrez's ceiling is now to go to Salah levels, I consider anything between £60m-£70m as a phenomenal and fair price.

So you overpaid to get him before someone else?

I don't even see it as overpaying. There is a premium for young, ball playing, left sided CB's as good as him, simply because there aren't many in the market. If we didn't buy Laporte, it wouldn't have been long until another big club snapped him up. He's absolutely immense and will be considered one of the best in the league by the end of next season.

Mahrez is a phenomenal player, but there isn't a shortage of decent wingers. If we don't get him, we simply move on to another target and Leicester are left with a player who's head hasn't been at the club for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.