Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it, anyone who does follow US politics will recall the same cages and holding centres separating plenty of kids from their guardians back in 2014 on Obama's watch?

That year, for some particular reason, more than 70,000 minors flooded into the US.

Even the American Civil Liberties Union had over 30,000 pages of abuse and terrible behaviour from Obama's border force.

More than 40,000 US born children during Obama were placed in foster care whose parents had been deported.

Last edited:
I don't get it, anyone who does follow US politics will recall the same cages and holding centres separating plenty of kids from their guardians back in 2014 on Obama's watch?

That year, for some particular reason, more than 70,000 minors flooded into the US.

Even the American Civil Liberties Union had over 30,000 pages of abuse and terrible behaviour from Obama's border force.

More than 40,000 US born children during Obama were placed in foster care whose parents had been deported.
Probably down to the zero tolerance policy that was signed into effect the first week of Trump’s presidency.

You don’t seem a stupid fella, so how do you square off his 3,500 lies since taking office?

Or when you look at the 14 warning signs of fascism, how many do you really count?

Probably down to the zero tolerance policy that was signed into effect the first week of Trump’s presidency.

You don’t seem a stupid fella, so how do you square off his 3,500 lies since taking office?

Or when you look at the 14 warning signs of fascism, how many do you really count?

Because people are still only really indulging in confirmation bias, based purely on their political outlook?

If someone has the motivation to do so, they could pick 3,500 lies of any leader of any country.

I heard it with Bush, Clinton, Reagan, both sides of the political divide.

My argument is that Trump is measured by a different yardstick and he shouldn't be.

Perhaps it is an intellectual snobbery because it is clear Trump was never a politician.

I'm more surprised that people are surprised, as he ran on this ticket.

There is plenty I disagree with, guns, religion, the disdain for same sex relationships but in that list of 14 points you cite, I would suggest a lot of people who would be able to tick off quite a few.

Sadly if that also makes myself a fascist, then I can only humbly apologise, as I don't perceive myself as one and never will.

Just a guy in the street who sees someone from afar putting his own country first after years of seeing it poke its nose into others.

I look at the TV and I see famine and kids starving, I will say how terrible that is and then five minutes later ask what's for dinner.

Just human, but always try to respect all opinions, even when I fundamentally disagree with them.

I wanted to respectfully respond to you, prior to me going out.

Because people are still only really indulging in confirmation bias, based purely on their political outlook?

If someone has the motivation to do so, they could pick 3,500 lies of any leader of any country.

I heard it with Bush, Clinton, Reagan, both sides of the political divide.

My argument is that Trump is measured by a different yardstick and he shouldn't be.

Perhaps it is an intellectual snobbery because it is clear Trump was never a politician.

I'm more surprised that people are surprised, as he ran on this ticket.

There is plenty I disagree with, guns, religion, the disdain for same sex relationships but in that list of 14 points you cite, I would suggest a lot of people who would be able to tick off quite a few.

Sadly if that also makes myself a fascist, then I can only humbly apologise, as I don't perceive myself as one and never will.

Just a guy in the street who sees someone from afar putting his own country first after years of seeing it poke its nose into others.

I look at the TV and I see famine and kids starving, I will say how terrible that is and then five minutes later ask what's for dinner.

Just human, but always try to respect all opinions, even when I fundamentally disagree with them.

I wanted to respectfully respond to you, prior to me going out.
Enjoy your evening Tolm.

No. No, they couldn't. Reagan was a public figure for 25 years before entering politics as Trump is. As detested as he was by the left, as subjected to the same scrutiny and the same outpouring of hate, the same suspicion that he was a dumb pawn, there was no hue and cry about him from a moral perspective.

In my mind this isn't political. It's a moral question. Leaving out the specifics of his "bullying", or "misogyny" or whatever, unless you would unquestioningly accept his fundamental lack of truthfulness from your spouse, kids, friends, boss and co-workers, it isn't acceptable, and he should be called out and castigated for it.

Last edited:
If someone has the motivation to do so, they could pick 3,500 lies of any leader of any country...

No. They couldn’t. Politicians fudge, obscufate and even tell the odd porky but in most western democracies of the type we are familiar with they do not, and did not, indulge in a torrent of lies that we witness with Trump. If a person can equate the behaviour of Trump as being similar to other politicians then that is a moral and intellectual failure on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.