World Cup 2018 | 1st July | R16: Spain vs Russia, KO 15:00 (BST)

If this was the meerkat the media meltdown would be unprecedented...

1530467462184234857.gif

An observation.
Taking off the blue tinted spectacles Iniesta is a better footballer than Silva. Most people in Spain would say he is their greatest ever player. Above Xavi, Raúl et al.
This is not to denigrantes DS who is our greatest ever. Just a bit of perspective

Has there ever been a more overrated keeper than David De Donut Thief?

An observation.
Taking off the blue tinted spectacles Iniesta is a better footballer than Silva. Most people in Spain would say he is their greatest ever player. Above Xavi, Raúl et al.
This is not to denigrantes DS who is our greatest ever. Just a bit of perspective
I think 99% of people would have brought Iniesta on, the issue was taking off David, when he could be a match winner, there were others worse than him.

I think 99% of people would have brought Iniesta on, the issue was taking off David, when he could be a match winner, there were others worse than him.
Wasn't really referring to today's game.
One or two on here have suggested that had Silva played for Barca he would have been recognized as Iniesta's equal.

This is exactly what will happen, and unfortunately, you will be able to resurrect it in two years time and say I told you so.

Yeah for every time there's a bit of a contentious decision, once in a blue moon, he will convieniently ignore the other 3000 decisions it corrected.... Genius

No.

It's ridiculous really I know, that I would doubt the integrity of match officials when watching every move Otamendi for example, makes & deciding whether he's committed an offence. It will be right I'm sure.

Of course they will not pull him up more than they do his Utd or Liverpool counterparts.

And of course we now know that many of the decisions we have had against us in the past were correct anyhow, as basiically there are no set rules as proven by identical incidents on video having opposite decisions. Every incident has two correct outcomes & we should let the refs do exactly what they feel like.

And if we get a bit shit on, who cares ?

Yeah, I hate the old system too....

Since when have keepers been allowed to charge the penalty taker!
I thought they couldn't leave the line before the ball is kicked.

Warned by the refs before every kick then blatantly ignored.
Not really the same as encroachment which goes on all the time but very rarely affects the outcome.

It was more the fact he left 2 holding midfielders on in Koke and Busquets, no need for either of them in all honesty as Russia weren't interested in attacking unless on the break, also baffling was taking Costa off then finally crossing balls into the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.