Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a briefing by the club that the transfer might still happen after all, seeing Stuart & Blackburn's tweets.

How do we manage this every single transfer window these days? Think the club need to have a long hard look at themselves and see that we are still not as attractive as we seem to think we. This attitude of take it or leave it is clearly only about 50% effective at best and although we've dodged a couple of bullets it will eventually fuck us over like it did with RVP. Maybe not on an incoming transfer, maybe it'll be Raz or Leroy or Jesus leaving.

DM is the position we absolutely HAVE to get right this summer and the management have pissed about with it. Allowing him to go on holiday allowed even the car crash of a club that is chelsea to sort their act out, line their guns up, and not only make a push but beat us to the line. Oh but Shak the player has messed us about. Yes of course he has, thats what players and agents do. They're bloody incentivised to do so. I work with people who do the exact same thing you just have to minimise that risk by giving them as little opportunity as possible. Not letting them go on a 15 day holiday to the other side of the fucking world. If they say thats not cool them you fuck them off then and gain 15 days of negotiating with your next option.

and the worst part is now we're going to have to spend 2 or 3 times as much to get a player who was our second or third or fourth option.

Back to the cafe please. You’re making too much out of this - almost gloating

Napoli are probably lying about the reasons and the player may well have been pushed to Chelsea but I doubt City can change the situation now. Too late surely. Face saving exercise?

There are others on here who clearly know more about our tactical needs than I do but I’d have thought that our pressing need is for a truly DM who is technically proficient, mobile, intelligent, can pass well and quickly turn defence into attack but who is primarily able to shield the back 4 or, more likely, back 2 or 3, when teams break on us - the main danger we will face against the majority of teams. That’s the ideal and asking a lot, I know. Jorginho, a deep lying playmaker with an eye for the quick pass, especially over the top to pacy forwards, seemed to be a player we saw as making us more effective against high-pressing teams. I think our urgent need is for the former. There again, having watched this WC, I think many Premiership managers may see set-pieces as a possible way forward to sneak wins against us in tight games.

You need to give up. It's common knowledge that as you get older you get more tired. Add to that that Fernandinho has been playing a insane of amount of games and is 33. It's pretty fucking logical he will be knackered very quickly next season.

But is he knackered? No, he isn't. Fitness or age. He's not a next season Yaya.

You do realize that they way we play we retain the ball for most of the game while the oppostion players and DFM are running around like dickheads for 90 minutes trying get the ball. Just get the ball. To defend, not to attack.

A DFM is being brought in to play alongside him, not to replace him.

Knackered, finished, he is not.

Have you got a crystal ball?

Why will he be knackered?

He will be as fit as anyone.

A DFM was always on the cards this season, regardless if *you think Fern is knackered or not*.
Fern still for me has a further year or two in this team. He mymfavourite player actually, yand arguably are most consistent player last season. But I do feel that given the work he gets through, he does need help with someone able to step in and deliver the role he provides. None of are current mifielders have his skillset. Therefore it makes sense if viable to transtion plan for his role if the right player becomes available. It's thought that jorghinio may be that player, but my thoughts on that have already been stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.