World Cup 2018 | 11th July | SF: Croatia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

Anyone with a brain cell knew that our team was extremely limited. We got further than anybody could have reasonably expected so for that reason I’m proud.

I don’t think we’re on the verge of anything special but we’ve at least got a competitive national team and that’ll do me.

I thought the defence was good. Unfortunately they had far too much to do because of the lack of quality in front of them.

They were better. No lumping it forward to the opposition time and again. Modric was the best player. Southgate will get a lot pf plaudits and rightly so but his pre-occupation with subbing Sterling off with the game in the balance in at least 3 games shows a lack of tactical judgement from him. Alli was either not fit or if he was then he he has to answer why he was consistently poor in all games. Kane, apart from penalties, was mostly ineffective throughout the tournament. Lingard, one wonder goal in a 6-1 and nothing else...at all. Rashford delivered nothing and meant our main threat was withdrawn. Ashley Young woeful in this game. Rose should have started all the games. Henderson ran around a lot in most games- as expected but no quality. Plaudits to Stones, Maguire, Trippier, Pickford and Walker for their tournaments. Tbh I couldn't see either Croatia or England beating France.
You've nailed it mate. This was the reason I cautioned against the hype last week. Two half decent teams played two losses. But it's refreshing that despite the hype of last week and the obvouob disappointment of tonight, fans like you can be balanced and constructive with criticism. As I stated last week I suspect those who failed to stay grounded, hyping every win to fuck will be the main ones going overboard with criticism. But you've nailed it mate, nailed it.

Disappointed but we weren’t unlucky. Did nothing after half time. Croatia were better than us by far. Unfortunately Kane went missing and no-one else looked like scoring. We were completely dominated in midfield. Definitely overachieved and we’ll be better in 4 years. Desperately need a creative midfielder.

Need a disciplined midfielder. Modric had free reign after half time. I thought Henderson was shocking and Lingard, Trippier and Young faded badly, Alli never looked fit but he did look to be positive. No complaints. We were second best.

Stones will be blamed but Kane was utter dogshit and the less said about Rashford the better.
Game changed when England lost Sterlings pace

This loss was 100% on Southgate. He persisted with 3-5-2 although it proved unworkable at the end of the first half with Young doing nothing and Kieran nursing injury. And then he started with random subs with patching holes here and there and not trying to change formation. John was immense today with both defending and passing and I find him not at fault for that pinball header that went Mandzukic way. I always knew that rigidity with 3-5-2 will cost us.

There’s no doubt Stones made an error, but I’m so proud of the lad. Honestly, he was immense all tournament and quite frankly I did not expect him to be, considering how the 2nd half of last season went for him. So it was great to see him back.

Gutted but proud of them, can now get back to calling half of them wankers! Kane did fuck all except screw up for a probable 2-0. Rashford proved he isn't actually any better than Sterling as he did fuck all even running at a tired defence. Unlucky tonight but at least more will be behind England in future after such a good World Cup.

Yes he switched off but he wasn’t the only one. Trippier didn’t even attempt the first header.
Back 5 were fucked because they had nothing in front and it kept coming back at them.

The lack of wide cover was noticeable. Croatia bullied the wingbacks from halftime onwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.