John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got caught out in extra time of a WC semi.....otherwise he has been majestic all tournament,one of the few leaders we have too.Hes done us proud

He still makes some silly mistakes,which is not doing him any good, i don´t know what was he thinking,when Mandzukic scored and he was late for some other occasions as well, he is good with the ball and with his head ,but needs to improve his positioning and defence if he wants to stay the in Citys starting 11 for a long time
Nahhh mate stonesy as been outstanding why not look at the positives instead of the negatives.

He got caught out in extra time of a WC semi.....otherwise he has been majestic all tournament,one of the few leaders we have too.Hes done us proud

He got dropped in it by Maguire. Theres a cable cam video of the goal and you can see Maguire is marking Mandzukic and just lets him walk across in front of him, behind Stones without giving Stones a shout or alerting him in any way that he was passing him on.

The performances he's put in having had to cover and nanny young, maguire and trippier all tournament have been nothing shortbof extraordinary. He, godin and varane have been the best cbs by a country mile this tournament and he's England's real captain.

He bailed Trippier out big time when he made that god awful attempt at a back pass in the second half.

people on here almost waiting to have a go at him.. its hilarious. he been arguably one of the best centre backs at the world cup and one of the main reason we got to a semi final.

some right miserable/negative people on here

Bad mistake on the goal that knocked England out not that I'm complaining lol.

Switched off completely. Both he and mandzukic were level in the box when persic headed the ball towards goal. Both were heads down at that point and clearly thinking chance was lost, ball out of danger zone but mandzukic ended up about two yards in front of him clear on goal! He was alert and ready. Stones not. Definitely at fault. But hopefully he can improve on his mistakes and convince pep to win back his starting spot for city

Switched off completely. Both he and mandzukic were level in the box when persic headed the ball towards goal. Both were heads down at that point and clearly thinking chance was lost, ball out of danger zone but mandzukic ended up about two yards in front of him clear on goal! He was alert and ready. Stones not. Definitely at fault. But hopefully he can improve on his mistakes and convince pep to win back his starting spot for city

you could argue maguire was a major part in that. and you say mistakes' but name me one other mistake hes made this tournament. hes been one the best players at world cup. i think hes done as much as he can to convince pep right now. Kompany, otamendi both made a few ' mistakes.. name me a player who doesnt.

he can't win with some on here.

Was brilliant tonight and was unlucky to be punished for something I wouldn't even call a mistake/error.

I'm going to keep repeating this - Maguire was marking Mandzukic and didn't alert stones that he'd wandered into Stones defensive zone. Stones may get the blame but it's Maguire's mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.