Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Blackburn saying we're not after anyone. Think this will come back to bite us.

Martin Blackburn‏Verified account @SunMartinB
Nothing obvious in pipeline at the moment for #Mcfc instead of Jorginho. Time yet - but they’d rather stick with what they’ve got rather than pay way over odds
Not actually what he is saying though is it?

Nothing obvious. Don't want to pay over the odds.

Neither of which are "were not after anyone"

PL Champions by a long, long way. Without our centre half and captain for most of it, our all time leading goalscorer for enormous chunks of it, our only other striker for loads of it and one of our £50m full backs for almost all of it. Christ, where are those razor blades

Yeah it's going to be a long season of battling relegation.

PL Champions by a long, long way. Without our centre half and captain for most of it, our all time leading goalscorer for enormous chunks of it, our only other striker for loads of it and one of our £50m full backs for almost all of it. Christ, where are those razor blades
Yeah, sod the Centurions, let's go for the 100 Percenters this season.

One question. If we agreed a fee with Napoli 2 weeks ago, & already had an agreement in principle with Jorginho, after our agreement with Napoli, where did the initial holdup come from? Surely after our agreement with Napoli, Jorginho would/should have just flown in for his medical & to dot the i's & cross the t's? Where was he & his motormouth agent in all of this?

I believe there was a complete willingness from both Napoli & Jorginho to do business with Chelsea, & it all came down to the money. If we weren't willing to match or beat Chelsea's offer, then Jorginho goes to Chelsea which is what's happened. ADL saying he'll apologise to City says it all. 5 days ago he called both Sarri & Jorginho to Chelsea within w week.

City can brief what they like, there's way more to this.
Was the hold up not Napoli wanting fewer payment periods (or all of it at once which Chelsea are claimed to have done)? The player can't do anything without his clubs permission.

Jorginho would not have stopped Liverpool taking City apart anymore than he stopped City running through Napoli.

We have to play better, as a team & not defend like clowns. If we play each game as we can, then we have a chance of winning it, with or without another signing.
I disagree. His chipped passes would have killed Liverpool's gangenpress. Anyway neither of us can be proved right or wrong as he isn't coming.

Totally agree with this.

Neville Kneville said:
Jorginho would not have stopped Liverpool taking City apart anymore than he stopped City running through Napoli.

We have to play better, as a team & not defend like clowns. If we play each game as we can, then we have a chance of winning it, with or without another signing.

this is spot

maybe we need a tiger type of player like de jong and get there foot in and give them a kick we do look a easy touch at times in the middle and i know pep is all for playing and pass it to death but a bit of steel sometimes gives you more respect from the others

One question. If we agreed a fee with Napoli 2 weeks ago, & already had an agreement in principle with Jorginho, after our agreement with Napoli, where did the initial holdup come from? Surely after our agreement with Napoli, Jorginho would/should have just flown in for his medical & to dot the i's & cross the t's? Where was he & his motormouth agent in all of this?

I believe there was a complete willingness from both Napoli & Jorginho to do business with Chelsea, & it all came down to the money. If we weren't willing to match or beat Chelsea's offer, then Jorginho goes to Chelsea which is what's happened. ADL saying he'll apologise to City says it all. 5 days ago he called both Sarri & Jorginho to Chelsea within w week.

City can brief what they like, there's way more to this.
I think that he was told to go on holiday and chill out. We believed that it was in the bag and were happy to let him go whilst Napoli (who at this point would have been aware of Chelsea’s interest in Their manager) used the extra few weeks to try and come up with a better deal for themselves. The agent would have been complicit in all of this. Obviously there’s no proof that this is the case but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.

Yet another summer where the champions miss out on targets and struggle to strengthen whilst their rivals in a less attractive position strengthen easily and get nearly all of their targets.

Seems odd that it keeps happening this way, i think we're in for a difficult defence with he way things are panning out.

Not a ball has been kicked and it's a difficult defence.
Every summer the same, it was Alves last year and the negativity starts again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.