Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Hilarious England World Cup ratings from Phil McNulty at the BBC.

Lingard 7
Young 6
Loftus-Cheek 6(!)
Rashford 6(!)
Sterling 5

Was this the same Sterling who was our best attacking player in all 3 knock out games?

BBC Sport is just as bad as The Sun.

Pathetic and embarrassing.

Loftus-Cheek and Rashford did absolutely nothing, they didn’t creat space or concert chances. Sterling didn’t convert the small number of chances he had but his general hold up play and runs were very good.

The British public can be duped into anything, look at fucking Brexit.

How do we greet raheem and get the crap out of his head/Emirates and/or Huds

We might not be top of the league...

I know our songs don’t originate from here but I’ll stand up and shout/sing for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was meant to say Huds but can’t find edit title. Anyway we really need to let this lad know we appreciate/love him and all the bits in between.

: (Thread tools drop down)

The only reason Maureen is jumping in is because he’s using Raz as an excuse for the reason he let Kevin go; it had nothing to do with the fact that he didn’t recognise his talent, did it?

How ironic that the media/baying masses were all screaming for Raz to be dropped in favour for Rashford - the player he dropped.

As for Raz, I do worry for the lad. It’s all very well us saying he is mentally strong and he just ignores the constant criticism. No matter what he says publicly, it must take it’s toll in private.

The constant bullying - and that’s what it is - which has gone on for three years now, will most likely ramp up again now that the tournament is over for England. As soon as he starts performing at City there’ll be comparisons but these won’t be dealt with fairly i.e. that he’s playing with far superior players with us than with England and therefore has better opportunities to score.

I find it laughable that the media highlight mental issues and the need for understanding and help to be given to people who need it; there was even a story line on this in Coronation Street about depression and how people are unaware that someone may have it.

I have no idea what Raz’s mental state is so I assume nothing. However, I think the media and all who contribute to the drip,drip negativity in their opinions/articles about him need to take a long hard look at how their behaviour might be affecting him long term.

TBH, if I was Sterling, I'd have fucked off International after the Euro's. No player deserves that level of treatment.

The media will still call him all the names under the 'sun' for not supporting England and for thinking he is better blah blah. You know the format.

Hilarious England World Cup ratings from Phil McNulty at the BBC.

Lingard 7
Young 6
Loftus-Cheek 6(!)
Rashford 6(!)
Sterling 5

Was this the same Sterling who was our best attacking player in all 3 knock out games?

BBC Sport is just as bad as The Sun.

Pathetic and embarrassing.

McNulty is a clown, he’d be out of his depth at the Sun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.