Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Good well thought out post !

Thank you. I think it’s about time that this point was hammered home to the media.

Where is Gordon Taylor these days? I would have thought he should be offering support to a young footballer who is receiving an inordinate amount of negative attention - most of which, hasn’t even been football related and certainly, not justified.

Thank you. I think it’s about time that this point was hammered home to the media.

Where is Gordon Taylor these days? I would have thought he should be offering support to a young footballer who is receiving an inordinate amount of negative attention - most of which, hasn’t even been football related and certainly, not justified.
Agree entirely also about Taylor.

The only reason Maureen is jumping in is because he’s using Raz as an excuse for the reason he let Kevin go; it had nothing to do with the fact that he didn’t recognise his talent, did it?

How ironic that the media/baying masses were all screaming for Raz to be dropped in favour for Rashford - the player he dropped.

As for Raz, I do worry for the lad. It’s all very well us saying he is mentally strong and he just ignores the constant criticism. No matter what he says publicly, it must take it’s toll in private.

The constant bullying - and that’s what it is - which has gone on for three years now, will most likely ramp up again now that the tournament is over for England. As soon as he starts performing at City there’ll be comparisons but these won’t be dealt with fairly i.e. that he’s playing with far superior players with us than with England and therefore has better opportunities to score.

I find it laughable that the media highlight mental issues and the need for understanding and help to be given to people who need it; there was even a story line on this in Coronation Street about depression and how people are unaware that someone may have it.

I have no idea what Raz’s mental state is so I assume nothing. However, I think the media and all who contribute to the drip,drip negativity in their opinions/articles about him need to take a long hard look at how their behaviour might be affecting him long term.

I agree wholeheartedly. Imagine the potential mental health impacts of sustained national media bullying. Pathetic that such tabloids, journalists and folk trot out the Mental Health tagline and then act how they do. They can all take a running jump the way they behave, the world would be a better place.

It's borderline criminal and in some cases actually criminal when you read some of the stuff written about the kid. The club needs to address this and in cases where the press are printing complete and utter bullshit fight back with litigation.

Supposedly Giroud didn’t have 1 shot on target in the whole competition! Shows it’s not all about scoring goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.