Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, now it's either a question of him shutting up, showing no ambition and accepting scraps or his ego being too big and we need to get rid of him.

Looks to me like he was okay with being the fourth choice winger and waiting for his chance but now being fifth choice is an obvious step backwards for him. Can't blame him one bit.

Why is he even in the last year of his contract anyway. Should of been tied down well before this.

He probably saw this coming and wanted to keep his options open.

People need to calm down a bit - Last summer we had no choice but to recruit heavily due to the age and lack of desire in the first team squad, at the same time it was just too early for Brahim and Foden to be thrown into a newly constructed Pep side. Interesting that this off season we have so far bought just one player in, there maybe one perhaps two tops coming in and that will be that. Consider the season we've just had after the change of personnel - would anyone who is a fan not wish for a season like last year. It had to happen. So moving forward there will be stars coming in but not at the rate of the recent past - this will give youngsters a big chance so the ball is in their courts. If they are good enough they will be brought into the team.

I find it kind of ironic that those complaining that we don't use our academy well are the same that fret when we don't make a ruck of big signings! The club has set it's stall out and it is no good just buying players for the sake of it. Utd have done this for three or four years now and look at their recent progress. Brahim and Phil Foden have the opportunity to take this chance and if they feel it is better to move on so be it - In my humble opinion it would be madness to move now without really considering the bigger picture. We are not privy to the day to day training conversations but we have to trust Pep to continue building us into an unstoppable force. One, which utilises it's academy. Just have a little more patience.

I'm not comparing him to Xavi I'm putting his age and his own expectations into perspective.

If by 18 he thinks "I'm not in the first team, time to leave" then he can fuck off.

Or maybe he thinks ‘I’m 19 in two weeks and only played 49 minutes of league football last season, now we’ve signed another winger I might not get much game time this season either’

He played 50 minutes of PL football last season. With Mahrez arriving I can see that being less not more.

(Foden 45 minutes in PL. And two CL games he started but both were without stake, Sahtar away and Basel home.)

Seems to be there is a clear out in our youngster department this summer, everyone we can cash on a bit we do. We are bringing in 4-5 youngsters so far from the continent but these are 90% of the time end up like former wonderkids like Dilrosun, Kongolo and the new Ibra Zacharias Faour. they were our new wonderkids about 3-4 years ago. All have been released since then. The remaining 10 % is the Angelino, Maffeo category who still wont break trough at City but end up at decent clubs and we make a bit of money on them.

Would be very disappointing if he leaves but like others say he has even less chance to play now after signing Mahrez, all our attacking players are pretty young so outside us selling someone he is down the pecking order for the foreseeable future.

The reality is we dont give youth enough chances and until that changes situations like this will occur. We have no "proof" we will give them a chance if they wait patiently.

Maybe once the first player makes the jump we can then convince future stars to be patient but its a chicken and egg situation right now. I had hoped Diaz / Sancho / Foden would be the bunch to make the leap and show the path for future players.

Xavi didn't make his Barca debut until he was about Brahim's age now.

Why, at this point, at this age would he be expecting much more?

Short sighted. If he wants to be that way it'll be to his own detriment.

By the time Xavi was Brahim's age he was in the middle of a season in which he'd play 26 games for Barcelona, most of which were starts. By the beginning of the next season he was promoted by Van Gaal to replace injured Guardiola as Barcelona's main central midfielder and play 38 games.

Your comparison isn't just a ridiculous one, it's wrong.

Perhaps, a week away from his 19th birthday, Brahim looks around the changing room and sees

Raheem Sterling - was already in Liverpool's team and was about to be central to their 13/14 title challenge.

Leroy Sané - Already a full german international and starter for Schalke by 19 and being chased by multiple big clubs around Europe.

Jesus - Brazil's number 9 at 19. Just about to win Olympic gold and sign for City.

Or perhaps most tellingly...Bernardo Silva, who forced a move away from Benfica at 19 because he wasn't getting chances, and hasn't looked back since.

Last edited:
Or he can see out his contract & keep the money himself.

If he wants to play for City, how about the revolutionary idea that we give him a chance & then pay him decent money if he's good ?

He's not going to get that chance next season so that's not going to happen imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.