Where has our off topic SOH gone?

We said recently that we would start moderating the forum in a more relaxed way, and that we would let most things go as long as they weren't racist, homophobic or misogynistic. Nothing has changed in that regard. The thread the OP is referring to was removed simply because they were loads of misogynistic comments in there.

Ever since the forum started back in 2003, we'd get threads periodically where people would complain that Off Topic isn't as good as it used to be. There's probably a degree of nostalgia in that, but things invariably change over time and I don't think it's purely down to how it's moderated. Posters come and go and the character of the forum changes as a result. Our fan base as a club is changing too which is probably another factor.

I agree though that Off Topic is increasingly political and serious now (which is one reason why a political sub-forum was mooted), but I guess there is an onus on those who are unhappy with the way it's gone to start more light-hearted threads themselves. As mentioned, we'll take a more hands-off approach to moderation.

In terms of classic threads, I've said in the past that it was probably a mistake getting rid of that forum but I'm happy to recreate it again if people send me links to the thread they want to see in there. I'll start another thread now to keep it separate from this thread.
Ok Ric. I'd like to know what happened to the 'My turd won't flush' thread yesterday. You said you and moderating team were going to be more relaxed about pulling threads, ok fair enough.

So it's ok to have a ' pissing in the sink' thread, but my toilet humour got pulled ?
I'd like to know why that was and who pulled it if it's ok.

I thought it best to ask the question on here rather than PM, as it would have no doubt been swept under the BM carpet!

My thread yesterday was not racist homophobic nor missogynistic, so why was it pulled quicker than it took me to flush my turd down the bog?

I think the Cellar was the main reason I joined.
That thread with the kid from Baguley and his offer of a date had me in tears and nearly got me sacked because I couldn't work for laughing.
My boss read it and was in hysterics for days.

Ok Ric. I'd like to know what happened to the 'My turd won't flush' thread yesterday. You said you and moderating team were going to be more relaxed about pulling threads, ok fair enough.

So it's ok to have a ' pissing in the sink' thread, but my toilet humour got pulled ?

I thought it best to ask the question on here rather than PM, as it would have no doubt been swept under the BM carpet!

My thread yesterday was not racist homophobic nor missogynistic, so why was it pulled quicker than it took me to flush my turd down the bog?
I think you should write to your MP.

Did it eventually go down?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.