The season after winning the PL

Its going to be a lot closer this season in the Premier League. We now have cover for Sane and Sterling as Mahrez can play on both flanks. Mendy will be like a new player for us,
That said without a CM/DM to share the load with Fern and play a double pivot on occasion, we haven't much hope in the Champions League. Maybe Delph could do this but Pep wasn't keen in his first season so why this season?

Would love to retain it as I think that would be the start of this team being recognised for how good it is. It knocks the 11/12 and 13/14 teams into a cocked hat really.
However, for me at least, consistency is what I want to see. If we were to get 90+ points and finished second, that could not be deemed a disappointment, as far as I’m concerned. Like every sport that is played, if you been excellent and someone has been better, good luck to them.

Be happy watching the type of football we played last season and if that brings along the odd trophy or two then all the better.

If we fall short it will not be the end of the world to me but I agree winning back to back championships would mark this side as something special.

Its going to be a lot closer this season in the Premier League. We now have cover for Sane and Sterling as Mahrez can play on both flanks. Mendy will be like a new player for us,
That said without a CM/DM to share the load with Fern and play a double pivot on occasion, we haven't much hope in the Champions League. Maybe Delph could do this but Pep wasn't keen in his first season so why this season?
Assuming Mendy is fit and fully recovered from his injury. Until he's back and playing regularly we wont know if we have the same Mendy. See Danny Rose. Not the same player he was. I agree though. Walker made a huge impact last season. Ederson and Walker were huge for us. Mendy could have a similar effect but after a cruciate injury we can't count on it.

I don't see how the title race will be a lot closer. The fact is we were miles ahead of the rest of the field. Liverpool who most people seem to think will be our main challengers were 25pts adrift and despite spending a fortune they still have the serial runner up Klopp in charge. For me his charisma papers over his clear shortcomings as a coach. Mourinho is a busted flush these days with his tactics clearly shown up by how some of his players played during the world cup. Ie much better than they did at United last season. Arsenal and Chelsea are too far behind to seriously challenge and Spurs haven't spent a penny as yet although Zaha if he comes off will add to their squad. Then there's pur team of record breakers. A youngish squad with several players who are only going to get better. Plus we have Mendy and Mahrez to come in essentially two new signings not one! I don't see why we can't break more records. Bring it on.

We have a fantastic squad, but there are weaknesses in our squad.

Cover for Dhino and despite Pep saying there are no back up plans for Jorginho I would like to think this is not true and we will bringing in someone.

If Sergio or Jesus are injured long term and both are prone to injury, then we are heavily on that one striker remaining fit.

I think we will be very strong in the League, but in the CL we may come up short.

In games like the Dippers in the CL the double pivot would be a good option. Unfortunately in this type of game I don't think Delph or Gundo are good enough in that pivot role thus we need someone else in.

Cover for Dhino and despite Pep saying there are no back up plans for Jorginho I would like to think this is not true and we will bringing in someone.

If Sergio or Jesus are injured long term and both are prone to injury, then we are heavily on that one striker remaining fit.

I think we will be very strong in the League, but in the CL we may come up short.

In games like the Dippers in the CL the double pivot would be a good option. Unfortunately in this type of game I don't think Delph or Gundo are good enough in that pivot role thus we need someone else in.

The way I see it too. Getting cover and someone to rotate with Fern I thought would be essential.

Thing is after last two PL titles we havent even been in the fight for the title in 2013 and 2015. Nobody really challenged United and Chelsea in those seasons. That would be be a big disappointent this season as well if we dont win it in a way we arent even close to the title.

Agree totally mate

I don't see how the title race will be a lot closer. The fact is we were miles ahead of the rest of the field. Liverpool who most people seem to think will be our main challengers were 25pts adrift and despite spending a fortune they still have the serial runner up Klopp in charge. For me his charisma papers over his clear shortcomings as a coach. Mourinho is a busted flush these days with his tactics clearly shown up by how some of his players played during the world cup. Ie much better than they did at United last season. Arsenal and Chelsea are too far behind to seriously challenge and Spurs haven't spent a penny as yet although Zaha if he comes off will add to their squad. Then there's pur team of record breakers. A youngish squad with several players who are only going to get better. Plus we have Mendy and Mahrez to come in essentially two new signings not one! I don't see why we can't break more records. Bring it on.

So you don't see Allison, Fabinho and Kieta making up the 25 points difference from last season. They have a really strong squad now arguably as good as ours. The rags will improve also. Its going to be a tight title race.

The fact that we were after Fred in January and Jorginho this summer shows that Pep definitely thinks there is a issue in midfield or else he would have stuck with what we had,like the joke of a brief to journos the club is trying to pass.Crazy ideas like Delph/KDB/Zinchenko/Stones at DM are no-no..If we are serious about defending the title its obvious we need a DM asap.Can't go into a new season banking on a 33 yr old to reproduce his best ever season performance wise for a whole season without reliable and durable cover.We might get away with a makeshift one there against a few PL teams but in the big games and the CL we won't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.