The season after winning the PL

Surprisingly, I’m fairly optimistic about the upcoming season.

Last season, we played arguably the best football in the history of the PL and were comprehensive winners of the title.

Now, considering the squad is pretty much the same (minus Yaya, plus Mahrez) you would think we are in a fantastic position to retain the title.

I guess the form of Ederson towards the end of last season is a small concern. He made a few simple errors, and there are some question marks over his levels of concentration.

I’m also a tad concerned that some of our senior players might regress significantly next season. But the high level performances of Kompany, Otamendi, D Silva, Fernandinho and Aguero were very encouraging.

I actually think that the rags might do better than the dippers next year and be our main competition. Their midfield will be very strong (not a patch on ours skill-wise)

Pep will earn his corn getting our players up and firing in time for the season kick off.

I would love a new pivot player but there is no point in signing someone just for the sake of it. Unless they are significantly better than Gundogan or Delph then what would be the point?

I would have loved Jorginho and think he could have taken us to a new level but I guess we need to wait for the right player to become available.

I think we are missing a trick like we did in 12/13 in particular if we do not use this momentum to propel ourselves even further ahead of the competition and by that I mean strengthen the team even more, especially the midfield.
Pep noticed this and we went for George Hino. Only to be gazupmed by Chelski. I have faith someone else will be brought in before transfer deadline.

Best squad on the league.
Best manager in the league.

I fancy our chances..

I’d still like another midfielder to add competition with Fernandinho and a striker too. I have an inkling that Jesus won’t be at the club for the long haul.

Would love to retain it as I think that would be the start of this team being recognised for how good it is. It knocks the 11/12 and 13/14 teams into a cocked hat really.
However, for me at least, consistency is what I want to see. If we were to get 90+ points and finished second, that could not be deemed a disappointment, as far as I’m concerned. Like every sport that is played, if you been excellent and someone has been better, good luck to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.