Emigrating Abroad

we have been in south America for 6 years now, would not consider coming back, this is our new home

nice is it not?

My neighbour is Panamanian. She has said a lot of expats have moved there. According to her, since Noriega was deposed the government is stable and it is a great place.

I've done some research, retirees are granted residency in perpetuity as long as you can show you have 10,000 USD a year in income. The government provides retirees with discounts in power services, airline flights and other discounts.

A website I read from time to time

https://internationalliving.com/the-best-places-to-retire/

My neighbour is Panamanian. She has said a lot of expats have moved there. According to her, since Noriega was deposed the government is stable and it is a great place.

I've done some research, retirees are granted residency in perpetuity as long as you can show you have 10,000 USD a year in income. The government provides retirees with discounts in power services, airline flights and other discounts.

A website I read from time to time

https://internationalliving.com/the-best-places-to-retire/
take note, international living is known as international lying in the ex pats community , never have any dealings whatsoever with those crooks !!!
we used to live in Panama, it can be dangerous and there is litter everywhere, there are some beautiful places though we would not go there again

I went on an Erasmus placement to Denmark for 6 months and loved it. Returned to England and then wanted to travel so spent two years in OZ and enjoyed that. The main issue I had with OZ is the lack of history/culture in comparison to the UK. The sense of humour and "English" mentality were things I really missed. It is a great country with a great welfare system and the same exists in Denmark. Population pressures in England are what has led to a decline. The rich get richer and less willing to support the poorer and the inequality leads to a complete deterioration of a country. I do not think it is that bad here though. I have been back for 6 years and have progressed well in a career. My working class family background means I am always keen to support those less fortunate and do not mind being taxed to do so. Unfortunately I am in a minority and this country will face real problems if it does not quickly address the inequalities that exist.

I would love to move abroad again, somewhere in Europe (which is the greatest continent for cultural/historic variety). I have a good job now though so would not look to move unless I could find something comparable. I also would want my kids to be close to their grandparents and not pick up an Australian accent or I would have to punch them daily!

It is a hard decision but if you keep links to England you can always return and will at least satisfy that itch you have to make a move. We are all different. Some will completely disagree with my views of OZ and the scenery is outstanding so makes up for the lack of historic buildings for many. Give it a go but sort out job opportunities before you leave.
I understand all you have said about Oz, its not for everyone.
Personally Im not arsed about old buildings, what floats my boat is colours, sounds daft but turquoise ocean, white sand and tropical flora suck me in every time, I hate being cold.
Oz is a young vibrant country of which most of its citizens are proud, I dont mind my kids having an Aussie accent as I know they live in a safe, beautiful country with friendly people who dont take life so seriously.
You can live in nearly every climate in Oz as its so vast, if you want a cool place that looks like Yorkshire theres Tasmania, or you can have a Spanish hot temperate or Tropical in places like Cairns, Townsville & Darwin, we have ski resorts on the Southern Alps in Victoria and tons of tropical islands to visit (or live) off the Queensland coast.
Medical is free as in UK.
Also nearby is New Zealand, I go there often to see friends, if you've seen Lord Of The Rings you'll know the scenery is awesome.
Australia has loads of free public toilets and showers which Europe doesnt seem to believe in anymore lol.
Its all down to the individual and thank God we have choice. If you like old cities like York and Chester dont migrate to Oz, but if you like clean & modern then it might be for you.

I understand all you have said about Oz, its not for everyone.
Personally Im not arsed about old buildings, what floats my boat is colours, sounds daft but turquoise ocean, white sand and tropical flora suck me in every time, I hate being cold.
Oz is a young vibrant country of which most of its citizens are proud, I dont mind my kids having an Aussie accent as I know they live in a safe, beautiful country with friendly people who dont take life so seriously.
You can live in nearly every climate in Oz as its so vast, if you want a cool place that looks like Yorkshire theres Tasmania, or you can have a Spanish hot temperate or Tropical in places like Cairns, Townsville & Darwin, we have ski resorts on the Southern Alps in Victoria and tons of tropical islands to visit (or live) off the Queensland coast.
Medical is free as in UK.
Also nearby is New Zealand, I go there often to see friends, if you've seen Lord Of The Rings you'll know the scenery is awesome.
Australia has loads of free public toilets and showers which Europe doesnt seem to believe in anymore lol.
Its all down to the individual and thank God we have choice. If you like old cities like York and Chester dont migrate to Oz, but if you like clean & modern then it might be for you.

Its the millions of killer monstrosities over there that are the big mark against for me.

take note, international living is known as international lying in the ex pats community , never have any dealings whatsoever with those crooks !!!
we used to live in Panama, it can be dangerous and there is litter everywhere, there are some beautiful places though we would not go there again
Thanks, mate! I appreciate first hand experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.