Emigrating Abroad

I have property in Europe.
I may go for extended periods.
But I’d never, ever give up British nationality.
If I am going to be Seriously I’ll or terminal
I want it to be in the UK.

I'm only next door and visit Manchester fairly often, but i'm always glad when I get back off the plane over here. I've rarely been happier in my life and if it wasn't for family and friends I probably wouldn't go to Manchester any more.

all you young ones out there should listen to the people in this thread that have moved away.
this country and everything about it is shite. do it now whilst you are young enough.

Quite agree with most of this posting, however...this country and everything about it is shite....is bollocks. It's not perfect and there are a lot worse, each country is different, has its good and bad points. Yes, do it by all means but you wont escape from the general shite that is life. Quite a few expats, not all, ' run away ' from issues thinking that a change of country will change everything, it wont, it will in general just highlight your problems and because of the unfamiliarity of the systems in place will make them worse.

Quite a few expats, not all, ' run away ' from issues thinking that a change of country will change everything, it wont, it will in general just highlight your problems and because of the unfamiliarity of the systems in place will make them worse.

And you know this through experience ?

I currently live in Japan after living my entire life in Greater Manchester.

I graduated uni, couldn't find a job ended up getting into a John Lewis Customer service job courtesy of her Maj's Jobseekers but after a while I could feel myself getting trapped there so I searched elsewhere.
I opened the Guardian's job section and saw a job to teach English to kids in Japan and I thought "Fuck it why not?" And now here I am, happy I did it, even if I can't speak or understand the language fluently
I guess I have the benifit of youth and with nothing tying me down but it's weird to me when people say "Oh I Could never do that" Of course you could. If you want to do it, figure it out don't just make excuses. *edit* I read this back and it sounded dickish, sorry I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that if there's nothing really holding you back other than just the idea then I don't get it.

Canada next I Feel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.