Charity Shield - Post Match Thread

Thats not what i said,whether the other side take the chances or not he still gives them a big chance every game,whether he leaves the goal open as in the last 2 prem games or he is spilling the ball at their feet,his distribution is good but the basic goal keeping skills are put to shame by most of the keepers in the prem

He's there mainly for his excellent distribution, nothing good about it, it's excellent and only behind Ederson in the premier league.

You go find me another keeper with as good as distribution who's happy to be number 2 and i'll take him, until then we'll be playing Bravo.

Absolute privilege to be at Wembley for Kun’s 200th and 201st goals for us. It was also Phil Foden’s breakthrough games.

What was that fight about after the Sergio second goal.Seem to take ages to come to an end.
I can shed some light on this as I was sat by it!

Basically, at the start of the game a bloke and two ladies arrived to find some blokes (one chubby one in a blue shirt, and one scrawny, taller one) sitting in their seats. They kindly asked them to move and were aggressively told to fuck off. Stewards took ages to help; first a woman walked up to them an bottled it, and then another woman approached them and demanded to see their tickets.

A little scuffle ensued and the chubby lad pushed her in the face with his arm but, luckily for him, Sergio scored his first goal and of course everyone stood up. She went back to the waiting trio - who still hadn't been able to sit down - basically shrugging and giving up. At this point my brother went over and said to her that perhaps she could get these three up into Club Wembley as there were loads of spare seats and it would defuse the situation, but the steward just threw her arms up in the air. By now the two idiots had scarpered, but I think the steward wisely took the waiting trio up to Club Wembley or to some other seats.

Anyway, second half and the two are back, arguing with everyone around them. One lad behind them seemed to say something and the scrawny tall idiot squared up to him and his chubby mate got involved. Then came the threats and the pushing - all this going on where lots of young families, kids and old people were sitting. Stewards just sat and watch, despite people screaming at them to intervene. It was pathetic.

Eventually three stewards, young lads, came to drag them out. One of them got punched a few times by the chubby one but kept his cool. People were falling over seats, kids crying etc., before they were dragged away - which I guess is the apart you saw. I think as they got dragged away other fans gave them grief and they just wanted to fight everybody.

In the last three times I've been to Wembley - Arsenal Community Shield, last LC Final and yesterday - I've seen blues fighting each other. Powder certainly behind it judging by the way they all acted. I missed both goals yesterday because of the commotion, and it's horrible to see women and kids getting upset. The worst part was how the stewards did nothing to get them out of the seats the first time around, and then just stood idly by for at least ten minutes whilst the fight was breaking out. As we walked out at the end my brother said to a copper words to the effect of "Where the fuck were you?" and he said that they aren't allowed into seated areas, only stewards.

Just to add a little bit to what @che_don_john has said, the stewards at the front (pitch side) were frantically trying to get some stewards and security in the stands to get up there to sort out what was going on and were having no luck. It would have helped if more of them had had walkie talkies or something, instead of having to keep waving at the ones in the stands!! It did seem to go on for a long time. One of the young lads in the row in front of them looked absolutely terrified and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want to go back to Wembley again, poor kid.

Just to add a little bit to what @che_don_john has said, the stewards at the front (pitch side) were frantically trying to get some stewards and security in the stands to get up there to sort out what was going on and were having no luck. It would have helped if more of them had had walkie talkies or something, instead of having to keep waving at the ones in the stands!! It did seem to go on for a long time. One of the young lads in the row in front of them looked absolutely terrified and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want to go back to Wembley again, poor kid.

Better than going to Leeds as a kid in the 70s and being terrified, didnt put me off! ;) Character building.

Watched the highlights and it looks like we battered them. Forgot I was watching neutral highlights for a while considering how many chances it showed for City.

Great confidence booster.

So finally you got the point about Bravo.
Took some time though ;-)

Oh karen, I really share 98% of your opinions,
but your double standards re Joe Mr. Universe Hart and other City keepers are hard to take, ever since.
Haha strawman alert,bravo lacks the basic goalkeeping skills covered up by his distribution,he will gift chances as soon as he has to stop the ball going near the net,lucky eddie can do both

He's there mainly for his excellent distribution, nothing good about it, it's excellent and only behind Ederson in the premier league.

You go find me another keeper with as good as distribution who's happy to be number 2 and i'll take him, until then we'll be playing Bravo.
Like i say the distribution is good the keeping part is not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.