Bernardo Silva - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave scores a lot for spain i just think he sees his role differently for us,pep has said he will play less(sob sob) but i think bernie will take his place,pep said yesterday for now i't's bernie + 10 others,high praise indeed
The great thing is we have a very strong centre midfield, players are now coming in without it affecting our overall style and balance. So much so, we hardly noticed that Kev and David were missing. And Bravo not missed for Eddie; )

Compared to David, Bernardo's still a bit lacking in the passing game. His decision making, short game, and creativity aren't at David's level. He's not lacking in these in anyway, it's just David (and KDB) sets the bar real high. The fact a guy like Gundogan gets called not good enough by some on these boards is testament to David's and KDB's creative and passing qualities. So Bernardo's got some work to do.

The good news, is that with time, hard work, and the right coaching; all on the plate for Bernardo; he should eventually hit that kind of passing game. It might take a couple of years to make the transition but there'd be plenty more years afterwards to enjoy the transformation.

The slightly bad news, is that I think there will be certain elements that Bernardo will never take up of David's. Such as his incredible ability to drift between lines for one. That feels almost unique to him.

The particularly good news is that there are some things he can do that David can't do, that give him an arguably higher ceiling. For one, his dribbling ability on his left is phenomenal. He's a very athletic player, with a great ability to cross and shoot too. So if he can develop the passing game David has, or close enough to, we should have on our hands a ridiculously good footballer.

Good thing he didn't sign for United I guess last year.

I was very much in the "get him central" camp last season, but understood why that didn't happen.

He got a fair bit of praise last season, but for me he never really worked on the right, always preferred Sterling out there. Just didn't have that burst to beat the guy on the wing, and too one-footed so everyone knew he's coming inside. For me Sterling/Mahrez/Sane will be much more suited to the wide role.

Missed the game as I was at work, but glad to hear he played central and that it worked well. He just seems to have the skillset for it, the touch, the calmness under pressure, the quick feet to get round opposition pressure, and the ability to turn very quickly like David does that so often kills an opposition player. Like others have said, not quite on David's level yet, but looks an ideal long-term replacement for me - here's hoping he gets his fair share of game time in the middle. Silva/Bernardo/De Bruyne for the more advanced 2, Fernandinho/Gundogan for the deeper player. Mahrez/Sane/Sterling for the wings. Jesus/Aguero for the forward. Fantastic depth & quality there.

No-one will be better than dave,lets have that right but bernie has some elements that are the same,that with time he will i believe fill the void when dave goes,great just a little differentit ,'ll be the same when we replace dinho,vinny and sergio,the new will never really replace them as they are so good but they just will be different

Foden might

The way things are going in terms of his performances, attitude and support from Pep, I see Bernardo becoming an absolutely central cog in the team. For those that suggest he will not be as good as Dave, I suggest he has the potential to be at least his equal, and I say that with the belief that Dave is one of our very greatest players ever, if not the greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.