Running thread

taleofbluehalves

So left my job where I was commuting 16 hours plus a week. First thing I promised myself I’d do is buy some decent running shoes and join a running club.

Having not run for years and it’s been tough but I’ve done 2 5 mile runs and a 5.7 mile. The latter was pretty tough with several hills!

Park run tomorrow.

Anyone else into running?

So left my job where I was commuting 16 hours plus a week. First thing I promised myself I’d do is buy some decent running shoes and join a running club.

Having not run for years and it’s been tough but I’ve done 2 5 mile runs and a 5.7 mile. The latter was pretty tough with several hills!

Park run tomorrow.

Anyone else into running?

Me!!

Started properly 18 months ago now, since then done numerous Park runs (Pb 21:50) 3 half marathons, Stockport 10 miler, that’s hilly, and Manchester marathon last April.
It’s addictive mate, out 3 times a week training and now training for my first Triathlon.
I’ve never bought expensive shoes, usually pick something up in the Nike outlet for £30 or so and haven’t had any issues, make sure you’re comfortable in your clothing and you’ll find it more enjoyable.
Don’t set of too quick and build up your runs, vary them whenever possible.
Good luck with it mate.

Me!!

Started properly 18 months ago now, since then done numerous Park runs (Pb 21:50) 3 half marathons, Stockport 10 miler, that’s hilly, and Manchester marathon last April.
It’s addictive mate, out 3 times a week training and now training for my first Triathlon.
I’ve never bought expensive shoes, usually pick something up in the Nike outlet for £30 or so and haven’t had any issues, make sure you’re comfortable in your clothing and you’ll find it more enjoyable.
Don’t set of too quick and build up your runs, vary them whenever possible.
Good luck with it mate.
Cheers the club run twice a week and Park Run Saturday seems a good routine to me. Each run gets easier!

Yeah enjoying it. Feel better for it too.
Running is so good for the soul it really is. Frustrated at work or at home and I go running and I get the world sorted in my head. Great time to just go over things in your head and burn off those frustrations. Like you say, so addictive once you get into it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.