Running thread

Worsley park run tommorow- trying so hard for sub 30! We will see.

Running is so good for the soul it really is. Frustrated at work or at home and I go running and I get the world sorted in my head. Great time to just go over things in your head and burn off those frustrations. Like you say, so addictive once you get into it.
Funny enough I don’t think much whilst I’m running so it gives my mind time to switch off!

No,it's boring as fuck,won't even say the word now. Would rather participate in a sporting activity that's also fun.

Best drug there is. Run between 40 - 60 km weekly. The biggest challenge is staying injury-free so a proportionate amount of strength training is recommended. I'm 56 and couldn't run more than 100 meters four years ago. Never too late.

So left my job where I was commuting 16 hours plus a week. First thing I promised myself I’d do is buy some decent running shoes and join a running club.

Having not run for years and it’s been tough but I’ve done 2 5 mile runs and a 5.7 mile. The latter was pretty tough with several hills!

Park run tomorrow.

Anyone else into running?

Hell yeh. Totally addicted. Although you really have to battle through the tough times with Running.

Got into it few years ago

I always wear Aosis trainers
Never joined a running club.

I now book one race a month. Either a 10k or a half Marathon and I try and do the parkrun every Saturday.

Best advice and most obvious is to just pace yourself at the start - don’t worry about people running past or trying to catch up others. Focus on yourself.

My best results.

5k - 25:03
10 - 51:20
Half - 1:53
Full - 4:53

There's some nice words and bits on here.

But the most practical advice for male runners can be summed up in 2 words:

NIPPLE PLASTERS

Hell yeh. Totally addicted. Although you really have to battle through the tough times with Running.

Got into it few years ago

I always wear Aosis trainers
Never joined a running club.

I now book one race a month. Either a 10k or a half Marathon and I try and do the parkrun every Saturday.

Best advice and most obvious is to just pace yourself at the start - don’t worry about people running past or trying to catch up others. Focus on yourself.

My best results.

5k - 25:03
10 - 51:20
Half - 1:53
Full - 4:53
In time looking forward to getting on some races. Many moons ago I did the Great North, London Marathon and a few 6k so it’ll be good to try and do a few races.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.