David Silva Retires from international football.

I agree.

You’ve spent post after post trying to debate the semantics of what career means, missing the point that there are multiple definitions of career (e.g. youth career, senior career etc.), missing the point that by your own definition, Bernardo Silva started his career from a young age if he was remunerated by an academy (meaning you are wrong) and once again, missing the main point that Bernardo Silva has played from the age of 7 to 19 in a central role, making him well equipped to do so in the future (by his own admission!). That’s without even mentioning your idiotic point that if Bernardo Silva hadn’t scored twice, he would have had a quiet game lol or your strawman argument that I had said Gundogan was somehow a better player than David Silva. You must seriously be on the wind-up mate, not only are you wasting my time, you’re derailing the thread. Homework for today: give up the debating and try and catch a game of football.

If you think "scoring it one" means you've automatically had a good game, then I'm afraid you don't really understand football.

There's more to having a good game than scoring. Perhaps that's not the case on the Playstation, which is possibly why you think David Silva will struggle to get in the team.

A footballer's career does not start at 7 years old. You know it doesn't. Their career starts when they become a professional. You know that full well. You've just dug yourself a hole and you're now just arguing for arguing's sake.

Just take your egg and move on to something else.

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-30%20at%208.38.52%20PM.png

David Silva is god, and his retirement from international football can only be a good thing for Manchester City.

Amen to that.
Barring injury, there isn't a player in the squad at the moment that will keep him from playing the majority of the season.
There will be rotation to keep him fresh, but he's still the best we have.

I don't class where he played at 7 as his "career". As a professional footballer, he's played the majority of his career on the right. There really isn't a legitimate argument on that, so it would save an awful lot of both of our time if you just accepted that and moved on.

I do actually think he's better in the middle and as I say, that's where he will end up for us.

But don't write David Silva off just yet. You're probably one of the ones who's done it before. There were dozens on here who said DeBruyne would keep him out of the team. The same ones, laughably looking back, said Gundogan would keep him out of the team. And you all ended up with egg, all over your faces.

egg-on-face.jpg

I can recall posters on here two years ago, saying that Spanish Dave wasn’t a Pep-type player.

They got that one right, didn’t they? Merlin is the very epitome of a Guardiola player.

I’m glad someone else noticed that too.

I love Bernardo; he had a great first season for us and I think he will become a big star at City, but he has a very long way to go to reach the legendary status of his namesake.

Merlin was brilliant last season and at the World Cup too. His levels haven’t dropped off in a few short weeks, and will still be a major part of our set up for the foreseeable future.

David Silva is god, and his retirement from international football can only be a good thing for Manchester City.

Absolutely spot on, mate.

I love Bernado too. I think he'll end up being a legend for us. He's got all the tools to end up being an absolutely sensational player.

I think a lot of people compare the two Silva's because their name is the same. But I think they're quite different.

Bernado is absolutely brilliant at running with the ball. He's probably the second best in the league at that after Hazard. He's also a brilliant finisher, he could get 15-20 goals regularly for us if he plays enough minutes.

But Dave is the best I've seen at making an angle to receive the pass. Accepting the ball in a tight space, moving and progressing play forwards. Running games. Dictating play. He's a very brave player who always wants the ball.

Bernado hasn't got quite the same influence on games just yet. Sunday was a prime example of where his dribbling and finishing were evident, but his ability to control a game was not quite there. He's at the perfect club and learning from the perfect player to improve on that aspect of his game though in my opinion.

I think those writing off David Silva are going to look a bit silly come May. The same as they have for the last 5 seasons.

I can recall posters on here two years ago, saying that Spanish Dave wasn’t a Pep-type player.

They got that one right, didn’t they? Merlin is the very epitome of a Guardiola player.

Yep, some high profile regular posters, too.

The same ones who were saying Gundogan was going to replace him in the team.

It's pretty fucking funny looking back at those shouts now! Haha!

If Bernardo had a quiet game against Bayern then god knows what he'd be like if he had a good game. 2 goals, hardly gave the ball away, and outclassed everyone on the pitch. And that's after coming on as a sub! He's been class so far, MOTM against Bayern and Chelsea, clinical against Arsenal so at the minute, he's the first name on the team sheet. Kev is second name on the team sheet hence why Dave is gonna have to fight for his place. So we could play Bernardo on the right where as you point out, he's played for the vast majority of his City career or he can play in the centre where he's played for the vast majority of his football career. When we've got wingers like Sane, Sterling and Mahrez, it's a difficult call. Whatever we decide, we're gonna put out a strong side but the fact is, a fit David Silva doesn't walk into the team anymore.
Pep has said he will play a bit less to prolong his career not because he no longer warrants a place,as one of the senior players his is very much part of leading the team on the pitch,you have a weird idea about players not playing because they are not good enough,it's about managing the squad to get the best out of everyone over a long season,it's a really simple concept

Pep knows how important Silva is for the future of this club, both in terms of on the pitch and off it for Foden in particular. I don't see him staying past his current contract, perhaps one final season back home at Las Palmas.

IMO we have assembled a fantastic squad of very talented players.
All will play a part in the coming season playing if and when Pep decides he wants their available talent in the first 11.
We don't have an automatic starting 11 separating 1 player from another. (apart from Eddie and not if he continues with the fook ups from Sun)
I doubt the starting 11 against Brighton at home will be the same as the starting 11 against Liverpool at Anfield on a horses for courses basis.
That being the case, Mahrez won't keep out Sane or vice versa and Bernado won't keep out David Silva. We should all be thankful we get to enjoy any and all of the players assembled by City in the current Pep era. This season again has the potential to be epic.

Pep knows how important Silva is for the future of this club, both in terms of on the pitch and off it for Foden in particular. I don't see him staying past his current contract, perhaps one final season back home at Las Palmas.
He said last week he staying this season and next then he has made the decision to go and play in the sun for a yr,desicion is made just everyone enjoy him whilst we can,he will not drop off a cliff ala yaya,but will be managed till the end,then most of us will cry,some weirdo's will be happy

If you think "scoring it one" means you've automatically had a good game, then I'm afraid you don't really understand football.

There's more to having a good game than scoring. Perhaps that's not the case on the Playstation, which is possibly why you think David Silva will struggle to get in the team.

A footballer's career does not start at 7 years old. You know it doesn't. Their career starts when they become a professional. You know that full well. You've just dug yourself a hole and you're now just arguing for arguing's sake.

Just take your egg and move on to something else.

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-30%20at%208.38.52%20PM.png

According to your own definition, I’ve proved you wrong. Do you really want to keep embarrassing yourself? You said he began his career when he first got remunerated. That was probably around 7 or 8 when he signed for Benfica. Academy players sign contracts at an early age. Don’t move the goalposts now although I suppose it doesn’t matter where you move the goalposts to, you’ve not got the mental agility to argue your point. Anyway, don’t take my word for it, straight from City’s website:

‘He began his career with Benfica at youth level, aged eight, before progressing through the ranks to the senior squad’

https://www.mancity.com/news/first team/first team news/2017/may/man city bernardo silva factfile career information

Also, I know football’s not your strong point but if you don’t think Bernardo had a good game against Bayern, ignoring the goals he scored, ignoring the way he dominated possession, ignoring the way he helped Luke Bolton out in defence and in attack, then don’t take my word for it, take the word of pretty much every media outlet that covered the game (or even many on this forum) that had him man of the match.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....l-news/bayern-munich-vs-man-city-14964733.amp

http://www.skysports.com/football/bay-munich-vs-man-city/389042

Thankfully Pep agreed with everyone but you because he played him against Chelsea where he had another man of the match performance rather than listen to some joker off bluemoon who thought he was anonymous apart from his two goals lol.

You really are a lost cause.

egg-on-face.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.