David Silva Retires from international football.

I don't class where he played at 7 as his "career". As a professional footballer, he's played the majority of his career on the right. There really isn't a legitimate argument on that, so it would save an awful lot of both of our time if you just accepted that and moved on.

I do actually think he's better in the middle and as I say, that's where he will end up for us.

But don't write David Silva off just yet. You're probably one of the ones who's done it before. There were dozens on here who said DeBruyne would keep him out of the team. The same ones, laughably looking back, said Gundogan would keep him out of the team. And you all ended up with egg, all over your faces.

egg-on-face.jpg

I don't know what's worse, your ability to interpret football or ability to interpret text. Bernardo Silva's played the vast majority of his life and career centrally (nobody said professional career) and nobody's written David Silva off and your ramblings about KDB and Gundogan are just complete and utter irrelevant nonsense that I'm not even gonna indulge with a response. Go and bother somebody else.

I don't know what's worse, your ability to interpret football or ability to interpret text. Bernardo Silva's played the vast majority of his life and career centrally (nobody said professional career) and nobody's written David Silva off and your ramblings about KDB and Gundogan are just complete and utter irrelevant nonsense that I'm not even gonna indulge with a response. Go and bother somebody else.

Mate, a "career" by definition is a paid profession or occupation. Where Bernardo Silva played at 7 years old does not constitute his career. In his career as a professional footballer, he's played the vast majority of it on the right. It's not open for debate.

Egg. Again.

Mate, a "career" by definition is a paid profession or occupation. Where Bernardo Silva played at 7 years old does not constitute his career. In his career as a professional footballer, he's played the vast majority of it on the right. It's not open for debate.

Egg. Again.

No it isn’t. If somebody doesn’t get paid for a role, interest or occupation or even if they lose money at it, they can still have a career in it e.g. businessmen, religious career etc. So you’re wrong on point 1. And point 2 is that academy footballers get paid. Sometimes they get their expenses paid at an early age, sometimes they receive a wage, sometimes they get their school fees paid for them. The bottom line is that they receive remuneration for their performance as a footballer. So you’re wrong on point 2 as well. And on point 3 - the most salient point of all, is the fact that Bernardo Silva played football for over a decade in a central role, whether you term that the majority of his career, the majority of his life or whatever; the bottom line is he knows how to play there which is why Pep started him there the last 2 games. So wrong on all 3 counts. If you want to carry on debating then fair enough but you’re just gonna keep on embarrassing yourself.

No it isn’t. If somebody doesn’t get paid for a role, interest or occupation or even if they lose money at it, they can still have a career in it e.g. businessmen, religious career etc. So you’re wrong on point 1. And point 2 is that academy footballers get paid. Sometimes they get their expenses paid at an early age, sometimes they receive a wage, sometimes they get their school fees paid for them. The bottom line is that they receive remuneration for their performance as a footballer. So you’re wrong on point 2 as well. And on point 3 - the most salient point of all, is the fact that Bernardo Silva played football for over a decade in a central role, whether you term that the majority of his career, the majority of his life or whatever; the bottom line is he knows how to play there which is why Pep started him there the last 2 games. So wrong on all 3 counts. If you want to carry on debating then fair enough but you’re just gonna keep on embarrassing yourself.

This is getting embarrassing.

Jamie Carragher broke the Liverpool schools goals record as a kid. He was a centre forward from the ages of 5 to 20. He played his entire LFC career from age 20-35 as a defender. Are you telling me Jamie Carragher played half his career as a centre forward? Do me a favour.

Near enough every footballer who makes it to the top would have been the best player in their school. How many of them do you reckon played full back at school? Probably close to zero. You're desperately reaching trying to say Bernado's "career" started at 7 years old.

When you talk about someone's "career" goals, or "career" appearances, it lists their goals and appearances as a professional. Not their appearances on the playground at school.

This is getting embarrassing

I agree.

You’ve spent post after post trying to debate the semantics of what career means, missing the point that there are multiple definitions of career (e.g. youth career, senior career etc.), missing the point that by your own definition, Bernardo Silva started his career from a young age if he was remunerated by an academy (meaning you are wrong) and once again, missing the main point that Bernardo Silva has played from the age of 7 to 19 in a central role, making him well equipped to do so in the future (by his own admission!). That’s without even mentioning your idiotic point that if Bernardo Silva hadn’t scored twice, he would have had a quiet game lol or your strawman argument that I had said Gundogan was somehow a better player than David Silva. You must seriously be on the wind-up mate, not only are you wasting my time, you’re derailing the thread. Homework for today: give up the debating and try and catch a game of football.

On Sunday he was actually pretty anonymous for large periods of the game,

I’m glad someone else noticed that too.

I love Bernardo; he had a great first season for us and I think he will become a big star at City, but he has a very long way to go to reach the legendary status of his namesake.

Merlin was brilliant last season and at the World Cup too. His levels haven’t dropped off in a few short weeks, and will still be a major part of our set up for the foreseeable future.

David Silva is god, and his retirement from international football can only be a good thing for Manchester City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.