Spurs’ new stadium

It's confirmed on the OS so the club must have agreed. Perhaps the FA were going to deduct points if the club didn't agree eh.

You are right, it is confirmed on the OS. Then, it doesn’t make sense for the club to be concerned now.

The train ticket I booked for this game was £43, bargain I thought! That was until this bunch of bleeding amateurs couldn't finish the stadium anywhere near on time. I now can't make the Monday night so £43 up the swanee, and the best offer of compo is a free 8-10 hour bus journey without a beer, yet again the fans are the last to be considered, I can't say I'm surprised though.

It's a piss-take mate. And not just from Spurs either. Must say I'm very disappointed with City for agreeing to this. For starters, it can't be ideal for the players playing on that pitch, but more importantly, for those fans like yourself who have booked train tickets based on the announcement that this game would be live on Sky on the Sunday at 4pm only to find that it has been rearranged through no fault of the club is an utter disgrace. The offer of free coach travel in no way compensates those who are out of pocket in terms of money shelled out for the train. Not to mention that it's not much use to those fans who don't live locally either.

Also, going off the last time the club laid on free coaches - to Palace in 2015 - there's no guarantee they'll even arrive on time. Add in the fact that it'll be a dry coach and it'll take fucking ages getting off the Wembley car park afterwards, it's got all the makings of one of the shittiest away days ever.

Irrespective of the mess concerning the supporters, when the referee looks at the pitch after the NFL game, is he going to judge its suitability, by PREMIER LEAGUE standards ie the duty of the home team to prepare a suitable playing surface & also the potential risk to players, or is he going to just play it anyway, to avoid further difficulties ?

Imo City should make a stand on this.

If the pitch is poor, refuse to play. It is a handicap which Utd, Liverpool etc will not have, in the same fixture. Why should we be handicapped by a pitch that is difficult for football ?

Plus Spurs are a team who will benefit fom that hugely, if it happens. They can play aerial ball to Kane etc & press mistakes out of us at the back.

We should flat refuse an unsuitable pitch & if necessary take it to court.

Would that inconvenience fans even more?

It's a mess, but the club have agreed to it, so must have been given guarantees.

Of course whether they're firm guarantees or Levy guarantees is a different question.

No consideration given to the away supporters and players who will be risking injury. The Premier League and the FA have missed an opportunity to show a duty of care. West Ham, Arsenal and Chelsea all playing away that weekend. Premier League and FA should have ordered the game to be played on the Sunday at one of the grounds with all the gate receipts payable to the designated club.

Thing is Pep will be all nice pre spurs game away. If it was one of the moaning ****s managers he’s be moaning now and wouldn’t stop till he got his way. Plus with Gill dirty mits in to everything no surprise we have no option! Behind the scenes city might be having a right go at the fa/premier league and be telling them it’s a disgrace but city are to classy to say anything in public.

Thing is Pep will be all nice pre spurs game away. If it was one of the moaning ****s managers he’s be moaning now and wouldn’t stop till he got his way. Plus with Gill dirty mits in to everything no surprise we have no option! Behind the scenes city might be having a right go at the fa/premier league and be telling them it’s a disgrace but city are to classy to say anything in public.
Sometimes we should put our head up and kick off, this is one of those occasions where 99% of football fans would back us....well maybe not quite that many unless you ignore spurs, dipper & rag fans.

Sometimes we should put our head up and kick off, this is one of those occasions where 99% of football fans would back us....well maybe not quite that many unless you ignore spurs, dipper & rag fans.
Reckon raggies will back us now. Their home game with Everton has been put back a day so that's a lot of train journeys from Euston up the swannee as well.

Totally avoidable all this.

Also noted in Spurs' press release that the date is now fixed to "enable fans to arrange travel".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.