Favourite City game.....they didn’t win !

tony adcock

Team supported
MCFC
in this downtime I have been reminiscing with a few blues over a pint....

We all love a good win, but what about the classic matches we don’t win.

Mine is a 2-2 draw away to Huddersfield in 3rd round FA Cup in Jan 88 ( I think ! ) - nearing in mind this was a team we had stuck 10 past a few weeks earlier we travelled in large confident numbers - 1 nil up comfortable.

Then bang bang 2-1 down and time running out. We threw everything st them and couldn’t score deep into injury time we get a free kick a good 25 yards out. Gidman is over the ball - I shout ‘don’t let that red bastard take it’.....bang top corner - bedlam !! Great cup match and start of an epic cup run

Losing 4-1 I think away to Southampton in the League Cup in the early 80's. It sticks in the memory as a wet and windy night stuck in their away cage. It was horrible to watch and yet slightly compelling.

Oh...the 8-1 at Middlesbrough as well. A great weekend ruined by the score. Highlighted by a man next to me throwing up and every City fan cheering their later goals and dancing to that Pigbag tune. Utter madness in a sea of dross.

Losing 4-1 I think away to Southampton in the League Cup in the early 80's. It sticks in the memory as a wet and windy night stuck in their away cage. It was horrible to watch and yet slightly compelling.

Oh...the 8-1 at Middlesbrough as well. A great weekend ruined by the score. Highlighted by a man next to me throwing up and every City fan cheering their later goals and dancing to that Pigbag tune. Utter madness in a sea of dross.
the 8-1 was brilliant. we didn't give a fuck lol.

in this downtime I have been reminiscing with a few blues over a pint....

We all love a good win, but what about the classic matches we don’t win.

Mine is a 2-2 draw away to Huddersfield in 3rd round FA Cup in Jan 88 ( I think ! ) - nearing in mind this was a team we had stuck 10 past a few weeks earlier we travelled in large confident numbers - 1 nil up comfortable.

Then bang bang 2-1 down and time running out. We threw everything st them and couldn’t score deep into injury time we get a free kick a good 25 yards out. Gidman is over the ball - I shout ‘don’t let that red bastard take it’.....bang top corner - bedlam !! Great cup match and start of an epic cup run
We threw everything at them including a crutch at the linesman!

the 8-1 was brilliant. we didn't give a fuck lol.

Still one of my favourite away days. Topped off by a hell of a long drive home. Arsenal were playing at Sunderland I think on the same day and we bumped into a few at the services at Leicester Forest East on the way home. I was fucked by this stage and had sat down on a bench. A gooner came over with a cup of tea and patted my back.

Wet and windy at Southampton? That is an understatement! I had my punk leather jacket on with Siouxsie & The Banshees painted on the back. Took days to dry out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.