Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the reactions on here the answer to the Op’s Question is No. Any threads debating a plan b or a more pragmatic approach may as well be closed as discussion in this area is a waste of time
It is a waste of time as pep won't do it,he specifically said when asked the question by sky that he prefers to improve plan a

Sorry mate I wasn't meaning to criticise your post but there are plenty of people who do take these things literally and think City only have a Plan A including TV pundits , I try and point it out when I see it.

No apology needed. I didn't phrase my original post correctly.

Judging by the reactions on here the answer to the Op’s Question is No. Any threads debating a plan b or a more pragmatic approach may as well be closed as discussion in this area is a waste of time
It is a waste of time though. Pep has a blueprint of how he wants his teams to play. Those criticising just don’t see the big picture and are stuck in their own time warp of how football used to be. The game has evolved beyond recognition and we have the manager at the forefront of the evolution.
We aren’t going to be pragmatic, we aren’t going to go down the plan b route we are going to continue to tweak plan A and sometimes that’ll bite us on the arse.
To become the very very best we have to trust in Peps methods and not get hung up on how other managers/teams set up.

The last thing I want to see is more pragmatism. I want what Pep delivers, fantasy attacking, successful football which every other side is envious of and with a team without ego but play in a humble manner as a team not a collection of individuals.

Its the easiest thing to point to matches against one team and suggest a pattern but for the point to have any balance or substance it would have to reflect results against all the other sides. It doesn’t as we smashed them playing the brand of football you would like altering.

You in fact answer the point yourself. You’re saying that certain games are exceptions. I agree. We should adapt to them. You seem to think we should ignore them however.

Just under 400 posts in 8 years (about 1 per week on average). Hmm. Quick question for you; why haven't you contributed more on here, given that we are enjoying the most successful era in our history? You must see that that would raise suspicions, especially that you are posting to (your own words) criticise Pep.
You know what? You're right, we should totally change how we play against everybody. Who needs this free flowing attacking football when we can just park the bus.

Get to fuck.
Against everybody? Oh yeah, I didn’t even realise I’d said that. I thought I talked about specific styles that I did us three times last season. Sorry.

It is a waste of time though. Pep has a blueprint of how he wants his teams to play. Those criticising just don’t see the big picture and are stuck in their own time warp of how football used to be. The game has evolved beyond recognition and we have the manager at the forefront of the evolution.
We aren’t going to be pragmatic, we aren’t going to go down the plan b route we are going to continue to tweak plan A and sometimes that’ll bite us on the arse.
To become the very very best we have to trust in Peps methods and not get hung up on how other managers/teams set up.

I’d love for that to be proved right and me to understand better how it’ll work, I just can’t see how playing so high up will beat a team who break so quickly with so much quality and have a pretty solid defence now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.