City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Fed up with monday morning conversations and piss takes about our empty seats, even worse when it's true sometimes. Just wish the club would do something about it

Embrace it. If the worst people have got to say to us after the weekend's games is that "yeah but the stadium wasn't full", then it means we're being successful on the pitch.

If the "empty seats" thing didn't exist then opposition fans would just dream something else up instead. They're not exactly going to shower us with compliments when we are making mugs of their teams on the pitch.

The fans are the ones that make the character of the club. They create the atmosphere.

To give a different analogy, if you were up for a good night out then you’d put on your best clobber, make sure all your mates were out, even the ones that were skint (because you’d sort them out), you’d have a good skinful and have a great time. As long as the night club, pub or person’s house wasn’t a total dive, you’d have a great time and wonder when you could all do it again.

It’s nothing to do with the stadium, sorry, ground.

If we were away fans visiting the Etihad, we wouldn’t stop singing.

Atmosphere is not painted on the walls!

I don’t agree. I think the stadium plays a huge part in creating character and atmosphere. We used to have the kippax, Dortmund have the yellow wall, Liverpool the kop. We currently don’t have anywhere really for likeminded to sing- a home end. What we have now is a few blocks split by away fans. If we had say a kop it would make a huge difference. Obviously fans need to sing.

The Etihad is becoming very corporate aswell and I think that us a big impact. Most the box areas are empty most weeks. The club have prioritied corporates over ordinary fans

Unfortunately I suppose what we see now in empty seats is the harvest of decades of failure and its impact on new younger fans, coupled with the TV/Streaming services offering the once sacred product without the cost or need to travel. If I'm honest I don't see a ready made solution as I'm fairly certain the core match day fan will be continued to be partially replaced by a latter day tourist coming to occasional games. The real disappointment here is that City seem happy how it's going so little will change.

It's also due to City having one of the poorest (in terms of disposable income) fanbases in the country. In the Premier League in 2013 we were second only to Wigan in this regard, so no money plus austerity plus increased prices and its no wonder we've got empty seats. The club has to accept some responsibility for this, because it has unquestionably priced an element of City's core support out of going to games. The stadium was full every week when we first moved in to it, so we have the numbers[/QUOTE]

I agree. Pricing and it being so difficult to actually buy tickets. I couldn’t get two seats together th other night in level 1 ( day before) yet when I get there, there is rows of empty seats. The club are keeping tickets back for corporates imo

Secondly price. Yes it was 30 quid in the south stand and family stand, but the rest of the ground from what I remember was 37 quid/upwards. A lot of people won’t pay that. Just make it a tenner and we’d near enough sell out. Wolves at home in the cup is a great example of that

Perhaps if you took more time reading my post you would see my explanation for the disclosure of my age etc:
Instead of which you try be a smart boy with your comment about Dave Whelan. I rest my case about about respect. Or as in your case the lack of it, if you lack the true understanding of our written word. You might be advised to change your allegiance and become a Liverpool Supporter.
Wind your neck in pal, I was having a joke at Dave Whelan's expense, as was perfectly clear in my post.

The day when Bluemoon actively starts to encourage fans not to go to games is the time to call it a day.

Etihad no character? The fans are the characters. You're changing, or have changed.

City till I die.
Hear, hear. And some on here voted for a bloke who chooses not to attend City home games as "our" representative on all things fan-related. "Tell us how to improve the match day experience, especially at champs' league games." "Er, I have no idea, I don't bother with those. "

Hear, hear. And some on here voted for a bloke who chooses not to attend City home games as "our" representative on all things fan-related. "Tell us how to improve the match day experience, especially at champs' league games." "Er, I have no idea, I don't bother with those. "
You'll be with us at Cardiff today I assume?

If they do ask me I'll tell them to recognise their fans haven't got bottomless wallets so charge no more than £15 for group stage games, stop putting up season ticket prices when there's no need (which is why I won't be going to CL games this season), to sort their ticket site out so people who want tickets can buy them and to make some effort to help fans with the appalling transport issues that put people off attending midweek games.

You'll be with us at Cardiff today I assume?

If they do ask me I'll tell them to recognise their fans haven't got bottomless wallets so charge no more than £15 for group stage games, stop putting up season ticket prices when there's no need (which is why I won't be going to CL games this season), to sort their ticket site out so people who want tickets can buy them and to make some effort to help fans with the appalling transport issues that put people off attending midweek games.
Nope, not at Cardiff, but will be at Shaktar away, plus any others that I can get to. Not today though. Off to see me mum in hospital. Barring any disasters I'll be at every single home game. You actively choose not to go and support the team at home for reasons given above. I have a sneaky feeling you'd go to the final though and that your price protest would suddenly crumble in the face of seeing us win the european cup.

This is spot on PB. I heard Marcotti on Talksport the other night mentioning that City fans need to get over the FFP fine, but he is completely missing the point re the feeling against UEFA.

Even in 2018 alone we have had the bent decisions in the 2 x Liverpool games inc the actual refs appointed and the Pep suspension, Liverpool being allowed to smash up the City team bus and get a fine less that we got for getting on the pitch 60 seconds late, and a bent new coefficient introduced rewarding the cartel G14 teams.

I went to the Lyon game and would estimate that in my small block of about 80 supporters, every fan present bar maybe 4 were not the regular season card holders.

Like others have commented above, there is a big problem with this at City and the club should be appointing somebody with a remit to try and resolve ( and include the early leavers and empty seats for league games ).

Its been a PR week from hell for the club and somebody needs to pull their finger out and try and do something about it.

It’s always the Club’s fault!! If people don’t want to be arsed with the traffic, corrupt UEFA, attending more than one game per week or fortnight that’s all fine. It’s a personal choice and lots of people have other priorities / live within a budget. The reality is that our fanbase, in the main, has become less passionate over recent years.

Anyway, 94k fans in two Home games in the space of 4 day’s isn’t all that bad.

Leaving early is an ingrained behaviour in city fans. I can’t ever see that changing. I think if the club said there will be a £500,000 prize announced at the end of the game but can only be won by those who stay, people would still leave early.

The empty seats will be similar against Shakhtar too. Maybe the game being a bit more important might help but I can’t see more than 40,000 there for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.