City opening second office in China

I really couldn't give a fuck about the club attracting Chinese fans TBH, we had about 6m when Sun Jihai played for us. If we fall from grace then all the foreign fans won't care about us.

When the club care more about foreign fans more than local match going Mancs, that is when I stop going to games.

The way things are going, that time is sooner than I ever thought possible. Sorry but I hate the fact we are turning into the monster we hated, like those rag chumps across town? No thanks, keep it.

When fame and fortune means we have morphed into the twin of the brother we hated(manyoooo) thatst the time i turn my back on the club.

We are not a circus or a fuckin' pantomime act!

Pride of Manchester, not Singapore!

Last edited:
I really couldn't give a fuck about the club attracting Chinese fans TBH, we had about 6m when Sun Jihai played for us. If we fall from grace then all the foreign fans won't care about us.

When the club care more about foreign fans more than local match going Mancs, that is when I stop going to games.

The way things are going, that time is sooner than I ever thought possible. Sorry but I hate the fact we are turning into the monster we hated, like those rag chumps across town? No thanks, keep it.

When fame and fortune means we have morphed into the twin of the brother we hated(manyoooo) thatst the time i turn my back on the club.

What a pile of unadulterated claptrap.

Does it really matter ? If it is about investmest dont we have enough
If it about building world wide supporter base people on here will only call them Plastics' Johny come latley.Glory Hunters .ect ect .lets build the fan base in Manchester first and get the majority of youngsters following City

In term of attracting the best sponsorship deals to cement our position at the top it matters very much, some may not like it but if you want to run a successful, sustainable football club ( group) this is the best way of going about it.

We the traditional match going fans are unimportant to the club even though they make the odd encouraging noise, we have all seen the rise of corporate, and just think how much revenue can be made from only 45 million Chinese watching games compared to 55,000 ish at the game. And no matter how much I marvel at the football we play and enjoy the trophy's its not the same, the Sheikh didn't grow up wearing a city kit will never understand the common fan likewise top management its all about business and revenue now. And even though I know this I will still be taking 3 days off (self employed so un paid) traveling half way across Germany by train at silly o'clock to be at the Hoffenhiem game will our owners / management care probably not if enough people in Asia are spending money to watch.

Cant fault your sentiment mate .i despised everything about the swamp dwellers but we now overtaking the fu*kers big time .The club more interested in corporate and foreign fans than they are in filling the Etihad week on week with local fans

Maybe the club are turning to “foreign” fans because Mancs are turning their back on the club? It works both ways.

Sure they wouldn’t care if we were selling out CL games... maybe we need the extra fans?

A team of superstars. Facilities and stadium we would never have dreamed of getting whilst at Maine Rd. Some of the best football to have graced the league in this country and you post the above.

This model is allowing us to compete with the best teams on the planet. I can guarantee you that we will carry on expanding this model. Maybe you should bail out now.

Maybe the club are turning to “foreign” fans because Mancs are turning their back on the club? It works both ways.

Sure they wouldn’t care if we were selling out CL games... maybe we need the extra fans?
Extra fans in what way? Do you mean extra fans sat in bars across the world with snide City shirts on? If so they contribute fuck all to the club mate, just glory hunters who follow us because we are successful.

As for Mancs turning their back on the club it's been happening for several seasons now. Old school fans are not happy on how we have become and becoming. Priced out, lack of connection and alienated to the manufactured 'match day experience' bollocks. You can't hang a flag on from the wall on level 2 anymore as the sponsors get offended, but you can wave a club flag about to show how much you care for the cameras in SS1! Lol..... Corporate hospitality for those who can afford it is the way forward if you want to carry on getting tickets for away games, your long standing support of this club means less year on year. You pay £50 a year extra to be loyal( I never have or ever will) so your points remain high, even though Johnny come lately in the tunnel club will give you a two fingered salute when he's at an away game and you're not because the points you have no longer mean jack shit . Those that don't have the cash, tough shit, you/I ain't important anymore, even though the club and tell us we are. I like many others went all through the bad days(home n' away) of winning fuck all trophies. One of the main reasons I go still is because of the fantastic football we play, and we are winners. But I will either get priced out, or stop going through choice of not feeling the love I once did...
A team of superstars. Facilities and stadium we would never have dreamed of getting whilst at Maine Rd. Some of the best football to have graced the league in this country and you post the above.

This model is allowing us to compete with the best teams on the planet. I can guarantee you that we will carry on expanding this model. Maybe you should bail out now.
I post exactly how I feel about the club I've been watching City for 48 years mate. I don't need you or anyone else to tell me how i should feel about how the club has become(IMO) thank you. I love the club, but I don't like what we are becoming. I don't feel connected to MCFC like I used to, so maybe I should bail out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.