Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Top of the Premier League
Unbeaten in Premier League
Played Arsenal & Liverpool away
+5 and +6 GD To 2nd and 3rd
Refreshed KDB still to come back and

showed world that Liverpool not exactly the most exciting attacking team ever..
and Anfield not exactly the noisiest place on planet noisy, even "under the lights"

Thought Laporte was immense today.

I’d have happily taken that before the game.

To be fair to Mahrez that pen was 6 inches from being unstoppable into the roof of the net.

It was just wrong side of the bar, not the hopeless balloon effort that they implied in sly commentary.

Good pragmatic performance and no harm done

Nevermind still Top,nice 2 week break for some of the lads,kev should be back,Burnley up next give big joe a great reception all’s well.

Bernardo all day long for that penalty. Poor decision to choose Mahrez , but fuck me he should have done better. I would have settled for a point beforehand, so not too bad

It’s hard not to feel a little bit gutted at the end considering we missed the pen.

Overall I though we lacked a little bit of belief in the final third, which is unusual for us but maybe a consequence of last season. All in all I’ll take that, but fuck me we should of won.
and how beautiful what that have been after last season and most of the last 37 years at Anfield? I am more than happy with what I saw today.

Would have taken a point before the game, but should have been 3, Apalling penalty from Mahrez and for the life of me can't understand why he took the penalty.

Stones and Laporte were absolutely immense and apart from the first 10 mins the Dippers did not have a sniff. Pep has certainly learnt from last season and will be pleased by the performance.

City controlled the game and a message for any lurking Dippers you will not be winning y the title this season.

Positives - We took a point away against our biggest rivals for the league without our best player (KDB).

I thought Stones and especially Laporte looked rock solid. Laporte had one of the better games I've seen a CB play in a City shirt. The whole back 4 and GK looked compossed and confident. Mendy could have done a bit more going forward, but I understand he had Salah to worry about. In the midfield I thought D Silva was a bit off today, B Silva and Fern weren't at their best, but were decent. I thought Sterling did well to not let the crowd get in his head. Aguero didn't have much to do, but guarantee he wouldn't have missed the penalty. Sane did well when he came on to draw the penalty. Jesus didn't do all that much when he came on, but pressed hard and did well to put pressure.

Negatives - I'm sorry, but I never understood why we signed Mahrez in the first place. We didn't/don't need him. I think he actually makes us worse, with Sane/Sterling/Silva out wide we're more dangerous and free flowing. Mahrez is a good player, but doesn't seem to fit our style with the ball. Yes he has a decent defensive work rate and applies pressure, but it's not nothing spectacular. With the ball he is a bit selfish and many times breaks up the flow of how we play. We pass, pass, pass, pass and pass then when Mahrez gets it the whole thing slows down. Yes, at times the same thing can be said of Sane, but Sane makes things happen. Yeah, Mahrez has a few goals recently, but overall since he's been here be hasn't usually produced great end product either. Sane, Sterling and Silva are all better players, plain and simple. No wonder Sane has bad body language, he wins young player of the year, and then we bring in a lesser player who now starts ahead of him.

THE PENALTY- When Leicester won the title I remember Mahrez taking penalties away from Vardy. He does not have a good record (7/12 in PL). I don't know if it was a coaching decision or if Mahrez decided to step up. Either way, he should have not taken that pen.

Oh well, we're top of the table. I'll take it.
your having a laugh ain't you beside the penalty he had a good game a lot better than sterling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.