Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear....i think you are definately reading everything from the dipper song sheet. Lets put this another way. Klopp prepped his team from pre-season to be right at it from the first game, with the intention to try and establish a lead even if it was a slight lead over everyone else. This meant going at it in all games (which they were) and from a few weeks ago the usual drop off in intensity was becoming evident because regardless of how good you are you cannot keep that intensity over an entire season.

Meanwhile ourselves have gone about our usual business, and now sit one point better off than in our record breaking season with one of our best players injured missing these games.

Didnt out play them, come on. After their 15 min gen-gen press and madness didnt work they had nothing to offer. We rightly dominated the game and shut the klanfield crowd up. We are not even in the busiest part of the season yet, and all the signs are that the dippers will be fatigued come the end of january, it was remarkable how much they dropped off in that second half on sunday

They were at home, the onus is on them to get the win and bring the game to us, it lasted 15 minutes !! Pep had a plan to try and establish a tactic to nullify their gameplan - and he got it spot on. We were unlucky not to come away with the win, but sometimes that happens.

Pep has shown how he will approach the games now at klanfield, as he said afterwards we just need to open them up more slightly to score in open play which i have every confidence this team can do, and did do occassionally on sunday.

You're right in saying they did virtually nothing after the initial 15 minutes of bedlam. Really the game for any neutral must have been quite boring. I think there were about 7 shots each of which only two were on target. They didn't really go for it because they were knackered and Klopp was content to play for the draw. But my feeling was, and I may be wrong, that Pep also played for the draw. Ok, we could and should have won it at the end but I honestly don't think we outplayed them and the result was right. I read from my own songsheet and not a dipper or anyone else's songsheet.

It was a good result for us -point away gainst a direct rival is always positive. But in the circumstances I reckon it was a pretty good result for the dippers too.

Last edited:
We will improve when KDB returns but apart from that we're more or less playing at full capacity.
The scousers have far more scope and potential for upping their game as the season progresses.

With respect, that's nonsense. We're nowhere near the level we were at last season yet, as a result of the World Cup and the injury to De Bruyne. But we will almost certainly improve after the international break. We showed last season just what we can do at "full capacity". Liverpool may yet improve too although, unlike us, there is no precedent to back that up yet. To say they have "far more scope and potential for upping their game as the season progresses" has no basis on reality.

I haven’t once seen us play to capacity this season yet. Will be scary when we do.

The dippers have been 100% from the off, and if that’s the best they’ve got, they’re in for a tough year.

With respect, that's nonsense. We're nowhere near the level we were at last season yet, as a result of the World Cup and the injury to De Bruyne. But we will almost certainly improve after the international break. We showed last season just what we can do at "full capacity". Liverpool may yet improve too although, unlike us, there is no precedent to back that up yet. To say they have "far more scope and potential for upping their game as the season progresses" has no basis on reality.

Liverpool also lack squad depth and have no-one of any real calibre to step in if one of their front 3 gets injured. Solanke and Shaqiri wouldn't be able pick up the baton if that happened. I think Klopp's consequent lack of rotation options later in the season will be a problem for them. If he thinks his team is tired now what's it going to be like after the New Year?

I too am at a loss as to where this sure fire progression will come from. Their front three had the season of their lives last year. Salah, Firminho & Mane will not repeat what they did last year.
These great signings they've made don't seem to be that great, at least yet anyway.
Allisson is an improvement, Kieta seems to be struggling & Fabinho has dropped off a cliff.
Their midfield three still lack creativity and the ability to retain the ball in an energy saving way.

I agree, we've not yet hit our heights, you could reason it's because our most explosive player hasn't kicked a ball yet. You could put it down the World Cup or temporary dips in form for Sané & Fernandinho. Both rapidly returning to form.

I personally think we're pacing ourselves, we're still top, best attack and defence, are yet to get out of third gear.

I think Liverpool & Chelsea will burn out in the league. The moment we open up a gap of 3+ points, everyone else will mentally adjust to playing for second and other honours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.