Points of Blue Meeting

It also makes it very difficult to return unwanted tickets before the 7-day pre-match deadline.
It's not a long term solution. It will be interesting to see if the club have any quantitative evidence as to what the scale of the problem is but if they're doing things like this then it's clearly something they think they've got a problem with.

For Cardiff, I counted something like 40 tickets being offered just on the Ticket Forum here not even counting the Facebook pages and Twitter accounts.

It's not a long term solution. It will be interesting to see if the club have any quantitative evidence as to what the scale of the problem is but if they're doing things like this then it's clearly something they think they've got a problem with.

For Cardiff, I counted something like 40 tickets being offered just on the Ticket Forum here not even counting the Facebook pages and Twitter accounts.
That’s odd, because I’ve taken a look at that thread and you posted that in the first eight posts there are five tickets for sale.
Another couple came up but then there was a lull until the day before the game when there was quite a flurry, mainly people not being able to get there. I hardly think a points who’re would buy tickets and sit on them until the Friday and then try to move them on.

So hardly 40, it was about 8.
Maybe if the club count as you do then the problem is massive, whereas in reality the problem is corporate.

I bought two tickets to Liverpool away. Haven’t missed a game there for quite some time.
However when Atkinson was announced as ref I had second thoughts.
Then stood watching the disgraceful reffing during the Hoffenheim game I decided to pass them on to a mate who was desperate to go but couldn’t get tickets.
Is that points whoring?
I couldn’t have sent them back to City.

Last edited:
That’s odd, because I’ve taken a look at that thread and you posted that in the first eight posts there are five tickets for sale.
Another couple came up but then there was a lull until the day before the game when there was quite a flurry, mainly people not being able to get there. I hardly think a points who’re would buy tickets and sit on them until the Friday and then try to move them on.

Maybe if the club count as you do then the problem is massive, whereas in reality the problem is corporate.

I bought two tickets to Liverpool away. Haven’t missed a game there for quite some time.
Then stood watching the disgraceful reffing during the Hoffenheim game I decided to pass them on to a mate who was desperate to go but couldn’t get tickets.
Is that points whoring?
Yes! It is!

I have read PB's views on here and on twitter and I do think he is over-egging the 'points whoring' situation. I really don't think that it is a significant problem. As a regular away follower, you see the same faces week in, week out. Half of the away end go to virtually every game, with another significant percentage going to the majority. Then there is the corporate allocation. So all in all, not a lot left to 'points whore'.

Is that points whoring?
"Points whoring" is an emotive phrase which doesn't help the discussion. I know you go to virtually every game and that you presumably had every intention of going to Anfield when you bought the tickets. The problem is that the ticket points system encourages people to buy tickets even if they know they can't use them.

Someone else asked me the same question. He can't go to Spurs but he got the ticket for his mate. Did that make him a points whore? My response was that he bought a ticket he knew he had no intention of using therefore he's potentially deprived someone of a ticket who might be legitimately entitled to one. I've personally witnessed conversations where people work out how many tickets they can buy (with all the people on their F&F lists) and then discuss who they're going to give the spare ones to. Imagine standing in a queue, like we used to in the old days and the people in front are letting their mates in. I think I know you well enough to know you'd be very quick say something.

And I've gone through the Cardiff ticket thread again and counted 34 tickets definitely being offered. There's another 3 tickets acquired very early on by the first couple of posters therefore someone's DM'd them. Then there's someone who bought 2 tickets on Facebook before getting 2 on his own account but I suspect he offered these to one of those early posters who was looking for two. So I'll leave those out, plus one I'd double-counted, which makes 37 definite spares and that doesn't include anyone who's asked for one and been sorted out by someone else who hasn't advertised a ticket. There was also a post that said "we've had drop outs" so that's more than one, which I've counted as 2 though it could be more.

"Points whoring" is an emotive phrase which doesn't help the discussion. I know you go to virtually every game and that you presumably had every intention of going to Anfield when you bought the tickets. The problem is that the ticket points system encourages people to buy tickets even if they know they can't use them.

Someone else asked me the same question. He can't go to Spurs but he got the ticket for his mate. Did that make him a points whore? My response was that he bought a ticket he knew he had no intention of using therefore he's potentially deprived someone of a ticket who might be legitimately entitled to one. I've personally witnessed conversations where people work out how many tickets they can buy (with all the people on their F&F lists) and then discuss who they're going to give the spare ones to. Imagine standing in a queue, like we used to in the old days and the people in front are letting their mates in. I think I know you well enough to know you'd be very quick say something.

And I've gone through the Cardiff ticket thread again and counted 34 tickets definitely being offered. There's another 3 tickets acquired very early on by the first couple of posters therefore someone's DM'd them. Then there's someone who bought 2 tickets on Facebook before getting 2 on his own account but I suspect he offered these to one of those early posters who was looking for two. So I'll leave those out, plus one I'd double-counted, which makes 37 definite spares and that doesn't include anyone who's asked for one and been sorted out by someone else who hasn't advertised a ticket. There was also a post that said "we've had drop outs" so that's more than one, which I've counted as 2 though it could be more.
As I said in the post mate, most of those offered were in the last two days.

And the answer from Silva top is so predictable, you change your mind about going and you’re a points whore.

Last edited:
Imagine standing in a queue, like we used to in the old days and the people in front are letting their mates in. I think I know you well enough to know you'd be very quick say something.
I don't know what the answer is but to introduce a ballot you'll still have the scenario of standing in the queue and someone jumping in front of you that's just turned up and doesn't deserve to be there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.