Peterloo Massacre film / Films made in Mancheter

Raining stones filmed on Langley Estate in Middleton.

28 days later

Watched filming for Alfie and captain. America as I worked in northern quarter. Its bizzare when you see ten or so cars driving around the block so it looks like a busy new York street and you think it looks rubbish until you see it on the big screen.

Think another Mike leigh film Naked was filmed in Manchester but set in London.

They were filming a Ray Winston film a few months ago in Didsbury. Don't k ow what its called as my dog took a dislike to security guard who told us we'd have to wait or go around the other way.

There's a story waiting to be told centred on the decline, fall and near death of City, brought back to glory under the Sheihk.
More than just a background documentary of a season, or a show of assembled clips from You Tube.
Something akin to Love Actually, following the storylines of a number of characters all coming together in a finale celebrating hope over adversity, maybe the 93:20 moment or a future ECL victory.

Nightingale’s Boys filmed at the old Stand Grammar School for Boys in Whitefield, now demolished.

Yanks - tried to get an extra part in that film. Think my white boy afro wasn’t very 1940’s!!! The American soldiers’ camp was up on the golf course by Micklehurst and StalyVegas was used for the street scenes where they taped up the windows.
The views would have been better if they left the windows taped up

Nightingale’s Boys filmed at the old Stand Grammar School for Boys in Whitefield, now demolished.

Yanks - tried to get an extra part in that film. Think my white boy afro wasn’t very 1940’s!!! The American soldiers’ camp was up on the golf course by Micklehurst and StalyVegas was used for the street scenes where they taped up the windows.
Yep Yanks part filmed in various local places including Stalyvegas where they had to modernise it to look 1940's. Also a scene on Stalybridge Station and some of it shot in Uppermill. They have a Yanks weekend in Uppermill every year where they commemorate the filming, they get into it, dressing up in USA uniforms and the place is packed. If that's your kind of thing unfortunately it was about two weeks ago.

As someone mentioned on here Billy Liar was shot locally and they used Ashton Palace (know as the Pally) for the Dance Hall scene, it's where my Mum and Dad met in 1954 and was the place to cop off!! Later known as the Birdcage, Tiffany's and then a roller skating venue called Wheels, sadly now demolished .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.