Manchester is under going huge growth

Just announced Kendalls to close January 28th.
King st has closed shops as does deansgate and market st

So much for huge growth, build as many new shops offices and flats in fancy glass towers, but the iconic old Manchester building are becoming empty.

Last edited:
Just announced Kendalls to close January 28th.
King st has closed ships as does deansgate and market st

So much for huge growth, build as many new shops offices and flats in fancy glass towers, but the iconic old Manchester building are becoming empty.

Sadly this is being echoed across the UK.

All those retail stores have sailed on. With the rapid rise of online shopping it was hard for them to stay afloat.

As true as that is my last point was we are building new shopping areas in new builds and offices while ones already there are left vacant, an iconic building such as kendalls maybe left empty while another skyscrapper is thrown up and people pat themselves on the back how up and coming the place is.

All these offices being built when offices in older buildings are lying empty.

As true as that is my last point was we are building new shopping areas in new builds and offices while ones already there are left vacant, an iconic building such as kendalls maybe left empty while another skyscrapper is thrown up and people pat themselves on the back how up and coming the place is.

All these offices being built when offices in older buildings are lying empty.

It will end up staying. Ashley is just playing hard ball about the rates. He is no ones mug. He will get a 50% rates reduction and it will stay - bet you.

It will end up staying. Ashley is just playing hard ball about the rates. He is no ones mug. He will get a 50% rates reduction and it will stay - bet you.
I think you’re right.
He’ll get his rates reduction and the publicity will boost sales. Win win for Ashley.

Not much goes over my head, inluding your post. I was clearly commenting on the first part of your post.
Precisely my point, it went over your head.

I've already conceded that there's more construction in Manchester than Birmingham. In both cities the vast majority of the large-scale commercial construction will be in the city centres, so your second point is largely moot.
The point was that there is more commercial development (large scale if you want to classify it like that) to the south of central Manchester (i.e. around the airport) than there is in the entire city of Birmingham. That is despite the fact that south Manchester has less development than both the city centre and the quays.

I repeat that your statistics around Greater Manchester are a non-sequitur to my previous post about the respective city centre skylines;
It was demonstrated earlier in the thread that there was more residential development (at a rate of about 5-1) in Manchester, but the latest reports on commercial development indicated it is across all sectors. Overall development levels are pretty consistent with those of highrise development.
moreover your (apparent) exclusion of the west midlands conurbation from any like-for-like calculations renders the figures as they stand (in any event) to be meaningless.
You do realise that 'Manchester' is significantly underbounded in comparison to 'Birmingham', right? It is precisely the reason I made the comparison between a Manchester suburb and the entire city of Birmingham. I mean 'Manchester' doesn't even include the entire city centre, never mind the quays or Trafford Park.

I would say that it says a great deal about you, and the insecurities that you manifestly harbour, that you feel compelled to continue to make your point in such a truculent fashion, some seven weeks later, against someone who has conceded being wrong on a particular point.

I'm sure it made you feel like a big man.
It was more a case of making a point to a sanctimonious bore that he is probably wrong more often than he is right. Show some humility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.