Manchester is under going huge growth

I’d previously thought that Birmingham might have more cranes at the moment, but I reckon I was wrong about that, although not spectacularly so.
Just as another example that it was indeed spectacularly wrong, the entire of Birmingham has less commercial construction than South Manchester. South Manchester excludes both the city centre and the quays, so the majority is Airport City. Manchester city centre also has more commercial construction than the whole of Birmingham.

Just discovered that The Ruby Lounge is closing next year, that part of town is next for redevelopment, another live music venue gone

Sad news, though that building is an eyesore and I believe another venue will be opening. I also wonder what's going to happen to all those great little businesses on Church Street when this work starts? (Northern Soul and Jerk Shack are to die for, if you've never been)

Every single block 'round my building currently has new luxury flats going up. 17000 new flats going up across the city. Who the fuck is going to be moving into all these?!

Just as another example that it was indeed spectacularly wrong, the entire of Birmingham has less commercial construction than South Manchester. South Manchester excludes both the city centre and the quays, so the majority is Airport City. Manchester city centre also has more commercial construction than the whole of Birmingham.
If your figures exclude the city centre and the quays then they are a complete non-sequitur to the point I was making.

If anyone is driving past atlas bar I am struggling to get a cab. Can anyone drop me off in Aston By Budworth?

You might want to read it again, it seems to have gone over your head.
Not much goes over my head, inluding your post. I was clearly commenting on the first part of your post. I've already conceded that there's more construction in Manchester than Birmingham. In both cities the vast majority of the large-scale commercial construction will be in the city centres, so your second point is largely moot. I repeat that your statistics around Greater Manchester are a non-sequitur to my previous post about the respective city centre skylines; moreover your (apparent) exclusion of the west midlands conurbation from any like-for-like calculations renders the figures as they stand (in any event) to be meaningless.

I would say that it says a great deal about you, and the insecurities that you manifestly harbour, that you feel compelled to continue to make your point in such a truculent fashion, some seven weeks later, against someone who has conceded being wrong on a particular point.

I'm sure it made you feel like a big man.

Not much goes over my head, inluding your post. I was clearly commenting on the first part of your post. I've already conceded that there's more construction in Manchester than Birmingham. In both cities the vast majority of the large-scale commercial construction will be in the city centres, so your second point is largely moot. I repeat that your statistics around Greater Manchester are a non-sequitur to my previous post about the respective city centre skylines; moreover your (apparent) exclusion of the west midlands conurbation from any like-for-like calculations renders the figures as they stand (in any event) to be meaningless.

I would say that it says a great deal about you, and the insecurities that you manifestly harbour, that you feel compelled to continue to make your point in such a truculent fashion, some seven weeks later, against someone who has conceded being wrong on a particular point.

I'm sure it made you feel like a big man.

What does sequiuitor and truculent mean please?

Keep being asked go build in Birmingham all the time. I must have a trip down and see how things looking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.