Manchester is under going huge growth

Precisely my point, it went over your head.

The point was that there is more commercial development (large scale if you want to classify it like that) to the south of central Manchester (i.e. around the airport) than there is in the entire city of Birmingham. That is despite the fact that south Manchester has less development than both the city centre and the quays.

It was demonstrated earlier in the thread that there was more residential development (at a rate of about 5-1) in Manchester, but the latest reports on commercial development indicated it is across all sectors. Overall development levels are pretty consistent with those of highrise development.

You do realise that 'Manchester' is significantly underbounded in comparison to 'Birmingham', right? It is precisely the reason I made the comparison between a Manchester suburb and the entire city of Birmingham. I mean 'Manchester' doesn't even include the entire city centre, never mind the quays or Trafford Park.

It was more a case of making a point to a sanctimonious bore that he is probably wrong more often than he is right. Show some humility.
The form and substance of your post merely serves to underline the manifest insecurities to which I referred previously *

*delivered in an egregiously sanctimonious manner.

As true as that is my last point was we are building new shopping areas in new builds and offices while ones already there are left vacant, an iconic building such as kendalls maybe left empty while another skyscrapper is thrown up and people pat themselves on the back how up and coming the place is.

All these offices being built when offices in older buildings are lying empty.

It was more a tongue in cheek reference to your post I quoted (you typed 'ships' rather than 'shops').

Anway, this wasn't really 'Kendall's' anymore, given it's been 'House of Fraser for some time. It's a lovely building inside and out but I can imagine a struggle to fill in today's retail climate. Perhaps it will end up in the hands of John Lewis (who have no central Manchester presence).
Those 600 Amazon jobs is a big announcement mind...I've a feeling more office space will be required over the coming years.

It was more a tongue in cheek reference to your post I quoted (you typed 'ships' rather than 'shops').

Anway, this wasn't really 'Kendall's' anymore, given it's been 'House of Fraser for some time. It's a lovely building inside and out but I can imagine a struggle to fill in today's retail climate. Perhaps it will end up in the hands of John Lewis (who have no central Manchester presence).
Those 600 Amazon jobs is a big announcement mind...I've a feeling more office space will be required over the coming years.

The amazon announcememt is great, and the fact thet are repurposing an old building even better imho

Cant see HOF going at all. Spoke to a few people involved yesterday - it is just Mike Ashley being Mike Ashley. Can see a 50% business rates reduction and a reduction from the land lord - certainly for a few years while the area is replanned. Council own the freehold for a lot of the land at the rear.

It will get a 5 year stay of execution. The building needs a lot spending on it by the way. Is very tired.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.