City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Having got my first season ticket for years In the East Stand what I have witnessed this season from fans is staggering.
Fans arriving 10 minutes late, Fans going for refreshments 10 minutes before half time.
And worst still some leaving 15 minutes before the game. Why the fuck do they bother?
I'm use to watching cricket for 9 hours so I watch every minute of football. I accept that some people go with kids and that could explain the constant movements during games but surely if you buy a ticket you want to see all the game? I don't understand some of our fans.
Due to circumstances I am an occasional attendee at the etihad these days but it is a special treat when I do go and I often bring dad and daughter with me. The three things that bother me are the cost, getting out of the stadium car park (yes I know I can park further away but they don’t like walking much) and the odd empty/late to sit/early to leave seats. The third thing irritates me the most, on a recent occasion the guy in front of me (who engaged in conversation and seem to be a friendly knowledgeable fan) left at half time and never came back! Maybe it is my loyalty to the club (maybe it is my need for value for money!) but I never leave before the final whistle and often stay 5 more mins absorbing the atmosphere and chatting to those I went with.

To summarise I think all three things are connected and by addressing the first two the third thing will follow. The thing that puzzles me is when I book the tickets and pick my seats I struggle to get good seats together but when I turn up and see the odd empty seat I am convinced it was shown as sold on the website weeks prior.

Burnley game had been effectively sold out for over a months. Only singles available in weeks before the game from Ticket Exchange

More significant in this game was that Burnley could not fill their end for a visit to the Champions on a Saturday at 3pm. It's £30 for them.

Burnley game had been effectively sold out for over a months. Only singles available in weeks before the game from Ticket Exchange

More significant in this game was that Burnley could not fill their end for a visit to the Champions on a Saturday at 3pm. It's £30 for them.
Said the same thing myself, how can they have the cheek to sing WWYWYWS, as their 'fans ' obviously are in a pub in Sixfingerville watching the scum.

331 pages...are we really that arsed! Watching the champions in a cracking stadium that isn’t perfect but better than the majority...just enjoy the ride ...

I left on 85 mins yesterday cos I was dying for a piss and if I'd got stuck in the trudge down from level three would have pissed myself.
Does that make me a ****, or an old ****?

It isn't a media narative though, that is feeding this debate amomgst blues, it's a fact seen every game, of course fans all over the country leave early and Maine Rd had early leavers, but a small minority going 5-10 mins early is different and tbf not worth moaning about, but it's nearly all the family stand lower and at least half the east stand pissing off, that is a ridiculously large number, even happens when we are chasing the game and have something to play for.

I could understand under pearce when the football was dire or when we have neen battered and people just want to piss off and are fed up, but the numbers atm are noticeable as high so that's why there is a thread.

Going on about it isn’t going to change anything one iota it’s just keeping the narative going and what we have a go at the media at with the empty seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.