Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah is the most overrated player currently playing in the league. Form is temporary, class is permanent. I can not remember a past player of the season based on half a season of goalscoring form. Kev did it consistently all last season.

I agree that until he has proven himself for several seasons, he is a one season wonder. But to claim he only did things the second half of the season just highlights how little you really case about facts. One of the really spectacular things about the 40 goal season, was the fact that he did it throughout he entire season.

And it becomes even more bizarre as you claim that KDB had a more even goal scoring form. Post January he scored one single goal in a 5-0 thrashing of Swansea.

Not seen enough from them to worry us - laboured yesterday against Huddersfield - they don't have the depth of squad and when playing 3 times per week really hits home they will start to drop away from us.

Didn't we labour against them at the end of last season with a 0-0 at the Etihad?

I agree that until he has proven himself for several seasons, he is a one season wonder. But to claim he only did things the second half of the season just highlights how little you really case about facts. One of the really spectacular things about the 40 goal season, was the fact that he did it throughout he entire season.

And it becomes even more bizarre as you claim that KDB had a more even goal scoring form. Post January he scored one single goal in a 5-0 thrashing of Swansea.

Careful mate...
You'll be called a WUM and god forbid labelled a 'rag' with posts like that!
;-)

I was not referring to kev’s Goalscoring, at least I didn’t mean to. Kev was the best player in the best team the prem has ever seen. Up until Christmas every pundit I remember hearing had him as the player of the season. It was only when Salah hit form, and I emphasis hit form, did the pundits start to consider the “king of Egypt”. As his purple patch continued the pundits changed their minds completely. Salah scored more goals in the first half of the season than Kev did in the second half? So what? If the player of the season is just based on goal scoring why have a golden boot winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.