Spurs’ new stadium

No doubt Spurs are taking on a huge amount of debt. Net debt now stands at £365m according to a recent statement by Levy. That's with most of the stadium's big ticket items paid for. Who knows.....maybe it will eventually rise to as much as £500-600m?

But on the flip side, profits for the past financial year were £160m. Which would suggest that, over a 20 year period, say, the debt should be manageable.

Agreed that Poch doesn't sound happy. And that is a worry. But I should add that Spurs have been operating on a near zero net spend policy for years now. The only thing new about this summer's failure to sign any players was the Premier League's shortsighted, unilateral decision to bring forward the end of the transfer window to early August. It put PL clubs in an impossibly weak position when negotiating with continental clubs. Spurs couldn't, therefore, sell the players they wanted to sell for what they should have been worth and so were not able to buy the players they wanted to buy. Thankfully, we won't have the same problem next summer.

You will have a far better grasp of the costs than i do mate.

The stadium when finished will no doubt be one of the finest in world football.

Hopefully for your sakes you have a team to go with it.

The only thing new about this summer's failure to sign any players was the Premier League's shortsighted, unilateral decision to bring forward the end of the transfer window to early August. It put PL clubs in an impossibly weak position when negotiating with continental clubs. Spurs couldn't, therefore, sell the players they wanted to sell for what they should have been worth and so were not able to buy the players they wanted to buy. Thankfully, we won't have the same problem next summer.
Eh? All of the PL clubs voted on bringing the date forward and all of them knew the position at the same time, well in advance of the window opening. Not sure how/why you think Spurs had issues no-one else did in that respect

Be intersting What net profit spurs will have after this season having spent nowt because those loan repayments might not cover it, they really need top four finish every season from now on, its probably why Levy is looking at a share sale like the scum have under the Glazers.

You will have a far better grasp of the costs than i do mate.

The stadium when finished will no doubt be one of the finest in world football.

Hopefully for your sakes you have a team to go with it.
I don't think he does. Operating profit for 2017 was £29.6M

Eh? All of the PL clubs voted on bringing the date forward and all of them knew the position at the same time, well in advance of the window opening. Not sure how/why you think Spurs had issues no-one else did in that respect

I'm not suggesting that Spurs were uniquely disadvantaged. All PL clubs were disadvantaged when it came to negotiations with continental clubs.

It's just that Spurs have to be especially prudent currently, for obvious reasons. They couldn't afford to put themselves in a position in which they had spent a lot on players without having raised anything from player sales before the PL window shut. It would have meant negotiating player sales with continental clubs from a position of desperation. And negotiating from such a position never leads to favourable outcomes

Was the Wembley grounds man in charge of the pitch? Or the spurs grounds man?

Seeing as spurs hire Wembley i would guess it was the Wembley ground staff......not sure if the spurs grounds staff could have done more to get the pitch decent. Speaking as a groundsman, I don't think there was much that could be done in 24hrs. The thing that surprised me was that more green linemarker wasn't used to cover up the unwanted lines.

Regardless of the money awash in football mate, the cost of your new ground is staggeringly eye watering.

To pay for it its clear that Poch or whoever is in charge will not be backed to make a serious tilt at the title and if there is no success on the pitch, it wont be long until there are empty seats in the stadium.

Like it or not you now have one hell of a debt around your necks, granted for a world class stadium but sooner, rather than later its going to need a world class side in it every other week and that too is going to have to be paid for.

The margin for success or failure right now for Spurs is very fine and what Poch said this week should set alarm bells ringing for all Spurs fans.
Spurs will fill the ground irrespective, imo.

I'm not suggesting that Spurs were uniquely disadvantaged. All PL clubs were disadvantaged when it came to negotiations with continental clubs.

It's just that Spurs have to be especially prudent currently, for obvious reasons. They couldn't afford to put themselves in a position in which they had spent a lot on players without having raised anything from player sales before the PL window shut. It would have meant negotiating player sales with continental clubs from a position of desperation. And negotiating from such a position never leads to favourable outcomes
OK, so why won't you have the same problem next summer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.