Southampton (H) Post Match Thread

The time he had the ball at midfield with two Soton players on him, with Laporte completely alone near our box screaming for the pass back to easily retain possession, and instead he tried to nutmeg one of their players to run into midfield, with the Soton player easily winning the ball and then them running with superior numbers at our goal summed that up for me.

I have no idea what he is thinking in those moments. It’s seem nothing but “I want to be in the ‘City Tricks and Skills’ compilation videos on YouTube this month”.
Just as long as his moments of brilliance far outweigh his moments of madness at the end of the season, I'll be happy.

2uggx2w.jpg
Quote of the century.

I have to agree. I also said in the match day thread that he just isn’t a very good defender. He is surprisingly weak in the tackle and does get caught out of position for too often. He needs to concentrate as he is putting way too much pressure on his centre backs.

other than that, top performance again.

Yep ,not sure he will be our starting left back next season ,he is pretty weak in defense and has sloppy technique on the ball and misses easy passes.

Just as long as his moments of brilliance far outweigh his moments of madness at the end of the season, I'll be happy.
I think he is a supremely gifted footballer, and a top bloke, but his maturity/decision-making on the pitch still leaves a lot to be desired.

Right now we are better with him in the side, but eventually those (usually multiple) mistakes are going to be punished in a match, so he really needs to improve there.

Quality was unreal at times. Too many excellent performances to mention and I can't wait to watch us again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.