Southampton (H) Post Match Thread

Looking really good for us retaining the title. Must be a kick in the balls when you have the best starts to your seasons in years and still trail the champions by 2 points after 11 games.

Can’t believe the amount of posts on here moaning. We absolutely battered them. People want perfection every game now when that’s not possible. 6-1 is surely more then great
When we were 5-1 up and just controlling the game without busting their balls, a guy in front of me was shouting “forward, forward”, he was so annoyed we weren’t going all out for more goals. After the sixth goal, did he change? Did he balls, “forward, forward”!

When we were 5-1 up and just controlling the game without busting their balls, a guy in front of me was shouting “forward, forward”, he was so annoyed we weren’t going all out for more goals. After the sixth goal, did he change? Did he balls, “forward, forward”!

Some of our fans want perfection and us to never make any mistakes. I think lots have become entitled and spoilt. Lots aswell struggle to actually enjoy watching us or not having anything to moan about. Some of the best football ever and people are still moaning. It’s bizarre

Ok, not his best game defensively, but quite a few on here are taking his range of passing and crosses for granted - on the ground cut backs, waist high whipped in crosses and far post crosses - all causing uncertainty and mayhem in the opposing defence.

Think his passing is criminally underrated on here. His passing between the lines and quick one twos is excellent. That move down the left mid way through the second half was a thing of beauty.

Some of our fans want perfection and us to never make any mistakes. I think lots have become entitled and spoilt. Lots aswell struggle to actually enjoy watching us or not having anything to moan about. Some of the best football ever and people are still moaning. It’s bizarre

Guy in front of me shouted "fucking rubbish again" after that period of play where we kept the ball in their box for about 3 minutes. Rubbish again? We were 3 up.

I hope Gunn gets an opportunity there because I thought their keeper could have done better on a couple of our goals. Although he had been worked into the ground by then!

Mendy isn't performing well enough. If he wasn't all talk off the pitch then people would be softer on him but when he comes across as so cocky you expect to see him back it up but he is looking like a championship player at the moment. He doesn't look fit, jogging along like is running out of steam. And he is making too many errors.

I think yday's game was a useful exercise for the team. Pep can bollock them for a lack of concentration at 3 nil and 4-1 up. Can give Mendy a kicking and Ederson for a couple of errors. In the CL we could be coasting a game but one or two away goals would potentially cost us. Aguero was petulant in kicking the ball away which again could lead to a suspension we could do without.

Wow.

You disagree? Because,i think its all fair comment.

Not sure attacking Mendy's personality is on, especially as it's zero to do with his on field play. I also think suggesting he's Championship level is way off the mark. Let's not forget we've been to Spurs and kept a clean sheet & he was excellent vs Liverpool. He has 5? premier league assists in effectively his first season after 11 games, of which he's missed a couple. Our only defeat and worst performance came in his absence. Delph being at fault for the deciding goal. (Not having a go at Delph, excellent full back).

I think the general tone of his post after a 6-1 victory is way off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.