Southampton (H) Post Match Thread

Yeh, stinker’s excessive on my part, but swinging at the ball and missing it, shanking it, and having the opposition work the ball (and run) in behind him several times, whilst he trod water, wasn’t good. That’s two games in a row he’s not only been our worst player, but crucially one who hasn’t looked like a Pep player either. Maybe we all had unrealistic expectations after the way he blew us away playing for Monaco, but he looks a fish out of water at the moment compared to his team mates
While at times Mendy looked ok to many times he messed up on the basics .he could end up a world beater or another one who didnt quite make it at the very top level

We beat a team 6-1 and 80% of the posts on here are moaning about one of our own players having a "stinker" - get a grip FFS, I remember having Michael Fontzeck(sp) playing at LB..
Tines and expectations and our fans lol have moved on since then

Can’t believe the amount of posts on here moaning. We absolutely battered them. People want perfection every game now when that’s not possible. 6-1 is surely more then great

Yeah. Couldn’t agree more. It wasn’t a ‘perfect’ performance - nor was it against Spuds - but it was a bloody good win against a side that is, admittedly, struggling but does not, generally, ship a lot of goals.

In City’s past 23 second halves they have scored 31 goals and conceded one handball goal (by Wolves).

I think that's a bit rich from them to be honest, their defending in that first 20 minutes was a disgrace, and Mendy was not worse than any of them. He was certainly our worst player, but my point still stands, he might not be new at City, but he's new to Pep's system, and still learning.

As long as he learns pretty quickly.
Before next Sunday would be nice...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.