Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

Sorry if already suggested, but ...
Talking of the Kippax, why not make the whole bottom tier of the East Stand safe-standing. It would be great for the players (and cameras) to be greeted with our most passionate fans facing them.
Then the North Stand can mirror the South, making a fine looking symmetrical arena and no corporates would be lost for the bean counters.
What do y'all think?

Had my tea now ! ISG came across as very professional. The new North Stand will definitely be two tiers (due to some complex engineering reasons that I wouldn't understand) and look very close to the pic. As I said nearly every point discussed last night came back to affordability in the main for the "average" fan and not the corporate "fan" or dare I say the tourist. No one present last night wanted to simply see more empty seats in a bigger stand for mid week games against non of the so called big teams. Increased capacity of about 8,000 was mentioned.
9620ad3f704030380009409e655820b2.jpg
Filling those seats is key. Therefore ticket pricing and ease of getting hold of tickets is key. Trust me ISG listened and understood. There was a really good group of us. None of us knew each other but we are all City through and through and on nearly every discussion point we were all on the same page. The club are looking for our thoughts and input and I'm confident they are listening.

Was there much description of it or anything?

What was said about safe standing?

63,500 target new capacity I am told.

Will be interesting how they plan to pull that off.

An expanded 2nd tier would lack an overhang so they’d be missing a few extra rows on what the SS 3rd tier offers.

Perhaps the gap between rows could be made smaller to squeeze more in. The gaps are pretty big in the SS 3rd tier.

Was there much description of it or anything?

What was said about safe standing?
Just CAD photos looking similar to pics already posted. It looks impressive if you don't suffer from vertigo ! They made no commitment about safe standing but are following it all very closely. Reference was also made to Celtic and Dortmund where they have some safe standing sections. Fingers crossed. I do think we've "another Kippax" on the way albeit behind a goal (but it was only referred to as the North Stand last night).

The supporters club facility which is essentially an indoor city square which can be used for other events on non match days is a key driver in making this stand economically viable and able to attract support for student type supporters and lower match day admissions.

City are clearly getting this right. Can’t wait to have a real end! 2 years in August and we will have one!!

The supporters club facility which is essentially an indoor cut square which can be used for other events on non match days is a key driver in making this stand economically viable and able to attract support for student type supporters and Lowe match day admissions.

City are clearly getting this right. Can’t wait to have a real end! 2 years in August and we will have one!!
Superb news!

The supporters club facility which is essentially an indoor city square which can be used for other events on non match days is a key driver in making this stand economically viable and able to attract support for student type supporters and lower match day admissions.

So nearly 3 years away when Pep has gone? :(

Quality just frustratingly bigger than Arsenal and Tottenham- that’ll please them!!

City were disappointed with phase 1 of the expansion that they lost so many seats when putting in the extra few rows at the front. There were a lot of seats lost with disabled provision and just general row lengths and other issues. They were looking for 56,000 and it fell about 700 short in reality. I am told also that a few hundred more seats may be explored in the large tunnel area in the corner. The area where the boxes are now at he north stand is quite a zone and a single rake will allow a lot of extra seats. Also don’t worry the long term master plan is all 4 sides and a reclad. Just give it time. I will say confidentiy I will watch city in front of 78,000 plus fans at the etihad within 15 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.