The inflatables craze went bananas!

My banana burst at Blackburn away in 1989 and I got covered in a spit that had been in there since August 1988, was a bit minging if I'm honest. Also the memory will never leave me of us away at Oldham the same season where literally half the ground from the halfway line, both sides to the away end was a sea of yellow bananas.
Yes great sight, as was the boxing day away at stoke when we filled half the old Victoria ground with 12000 fans. There must have been at least 8000 bananas and other inflatables, for me that was our most impressive banana away day. Stoke fans had a few thousand pink panthers for whatever reason.

Yes great sight, as was the boxing day away at stoke when we filled half the old Victoria ground with 12000 fans. There must have been at least 8000 bananas and other inflatables, for me that was our most impressive banana away day. Stoke fans had a few thousand pink panthers for whatever reason.
The fried egg was funny remember that

Our fans get so much shit with all the tedious emptihad memes etc. (mostly spouted by clueless foreign fans to be fair) so it's nice to remember we have some of the best around. The inflatables craze spread the country. More recently we've had the poznan*, the Yaya/Kolo song and the Balotelli chant all imitated by other clubs and even players.

And the gallows humour of the 90s too of course, may such resilience and creativity live on as long as this great club still has breath in it's body

*yes I know we nicked it but we obviously popularised it in England.

I remember Stoke away, I hired a father Christmas outfit and kind of forgot I had it on. Of course on the bus to pick the coach up and coming home I was wondering why all these kids were screaming, "Mam mam it's Father Christmas!!!" I was looking around thinking, "Where?" Of course it was me lol!

I remember at half time a wolf and other characters invaded the pitch jumping about it was barmy, the police chasing them. One lad, I think he was the phantom flan flinger or something, he went to the corner where all their boys were foaming at the mouth and kept hitting the fence in an exaggerated slow motion way driving them nuts, happy days lol.

Some fantastic footage in those videos. The old souvenir shop, Janice, the kippax forecourt.

What I wouldn’t give to be able to go back there
Ditto.Janice Gibson was one of the nicest people ive ever met associated with City..right up there with Alex Williams,Debbie Darbyshire and Ian Cheeseman.

Re the Inflatables era,it was crazy,absolutely crazy! I can remember having to get a ticket in the wba main stand years ago,City had sold out(our away support in those days was top notch,esp in the midlands,we were loud,in our thousands and the name of the game was Fun) ..One of my most enduring memories was being transfixed, looking to my right at the away terrace behind the goal,packed full of City , with their inflatables..i cant remember the score..but i do remember the loud roars of encouragement/laughter as Frankenstein went into battle with a Paddling pool..it was ace!!
Quite what the albion main stand thought of it all i really dont know....those years following The Blues were absolutely brilliant.

The two aforementioned inflatables had several fierce ,epic, battles around that time up and down the country..,Crystal Palace on the big terrace behind the goal springs to mind..but my view of this fight,and many many others wasnt as good as being a spectator in the home end.

On the subject of inflatables...please..nobody mention the giant beach-ball,bouncing across the Kippax terrace at half time v Bournmouth ..3-0 up and promotion to the first div in the bag......Bishop and Blisset had other ideas...

Thank god for Tricky Trevor Morley 7 days later...

I remember Stoke away, I hired a father Christmas outfit and kind of forgot I had it on. Of course on the bus to pick the coach up and coming home I was wondering why all these kids were screaming, "Mam mam it's Father Christmas!!!" I was looking around thinking, "Where?" Of course it was me lol!

I remember at half time a wolf and other characters invaded the pitch jumping about it was barmy, the police chasing them. One lad, I think he was the phantom flan flinger or something, he went to the corner where all their boys were foaming at the mouth and kept hitting the fence in an exaggerated slow motion way driving them nuts, happy days lol.
I went to Stoke dressed as an Arab!.complete with dark shades...always bin ahead of my time me; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.