The inflatables craze went bananas!

Happy times, my yellow dolphin got a slow puncture at Brighton with the sun & 3 days later I was driving back from Shrewsbury in s blizzard.

It was funny as fuck at away games, all the local kids used to point at us with their mouths open (not just in Stoke)...
I remember that blizzard, I was driving back to Sheffield that night and had to detour south from Shrewsbury and get to the M1 as the direct routes over the Pennines were closed.

Driving to away games then was a good laugh, used to get plenty of double-takes on the M-way with a large banana belted up in the back seat, City scarf around its "neck". Stoke away on Boxing Day was especially crazy driving down the M6, not that much other traffic but loads of fancy-dress Blues with assorted inflatables, I reckon some of the other drivers thought they had a really bad Christmas hangover as a carload of nuns waving big bananas passed them.

first time I saw one a lad brought a banana he said he worked in a fruit and veg store and called it imrie banana.weeks after there were more and more before every one seemed to have one.happy days apart from the footy ))

fantasic days, great humour

in fact I have a crocodile laying around at home, don't ask me why ! Going to bring it to the Bournemouth game. For those fans in the lower ss if a croc comes near you don't worry it wont bite, rather than standing there with hands in pockets staring at it, pick it up off the floor and throw it up in the air to pass around.

Loved the inflatable craze it defined us as a club

The football was mostly shite but we had a proper good time out following our club

Also seem to remember the last game of the seasons always being Blues Brothers day when most dressed as the blues brothers

I'm sure it was at Luton in the League Cup where I saw Frankenstein? take on a Dinosaur? Or was I dreaming??? !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.