The inflatables craze went bananas!

This.

One of the main reasons I started this thread was to educate some of our fans on past history of the dark days. And I know we have covered the inflatables on BM before but it started 31 years ago....

"Imre, Imre banana, Imre banana, Imre ba na na na": )

1st time i heard the imre banana chant was Huddersfield away in a FA Cup replay , getting piss wet through at Leeds Rd., on midweek evening kick - off ,it was a few months after beating them 10-1 , it took us two replays to beat them in the cup ,that was typical City , but wouldnt change it for the world . Fans of the Rags and the Dippers havent experienced really shit times , but a lot of us have , so when they sing WWYWYWS ,i always have a llittle chuckle , they dont know the half of it

Ditto , i think it made a few appearances , f*cking hilarious , amuses me when the modern football/armchair fans criticise our support , they really havent got a clue what the majority of our following had to put up with, in the dark days of the third tier of football and the Championship , we always had the ability to laugh at ourselves the inflatables being the perfect example.

I enjoyed every minute of it. Some fantastic experiences. Taking 12000 to Stoke in fancy dress, bananas Everywhere and getting beat ! Only City!

best time of my life as a city fan was between 84 and 89.

Don't get me wrong I love all this success but it's a bit sterile nowadays.

Was there a Frankenstein in the very close vicinity of the directors box at Barnsley or have I dreamt that?

I do remember some jobsworth deciding to confiscate inflatables at Filbert street. He made us all queue up ouside a storage room until he gave up afteraa couple of hundred bananas etc had been left for collection later

WBA away and the inflatable fight behind the goal - pissed it down and I think it was the night that Brian Gayle lost the ball in the floodlights and headed away fuck all for their goal

Brilliant times

w

Ditto , i think it made a few appearances , f*cking hilarious , amuses me when the modern football/armchair fans criticise our support , they really havent got a clue what the majority of our following had to put up with, in the dark days of the third tier of football and the Championship , we always had the ability to laugh at ourselves the inflatables being the perfect example.
Every word.well said.

Was there a Frankenstein in the very close vicinity of the directors box at Barnsley or have I dreamt that?

I do remember some jobsworth deciding to confiscate inflatables at Filbert street. He made us all queue up ouside a storage room until he gave up afteraa couple of hundred bananas etc had been left for collection later

WBA away and the inflatable fight behind the goal - pissed it down and I think it was the night that Brian Gayle lost the ball in the floodlights and headed away fuck all for their goal

Brilliant times

w
Great post. ...was that the 3-1 defeat under Machin ..?David Currie up front for them,windy day,stood on that away terrace watching currie waltz past Redmond etc,all left foot,a damn good player on his day...and of course he decided City at Barnsley was gonna be his day...and it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.