Champions League ban?

There are, but that's some way down the line in City's case. CAS is not a quick body to work through.

The last time around, the club obviously decided to be pragmatic, and I assume told UEFA privately what they thought of it, which is why the club issued the 'good of football'/taking the pinch statement at the time.
I imagine there would be a fair amount of lawyerly mediation/arbitration before it got anywhere near CAS.
I presume if UEFA had the brass neck to attempt a ban we'd go straight to CAS and mediate after.

There are, but that's some way down the line in City's case. CAS is not a quick body to work through.

The last time around, the club obviously decided to be pragmatic, and I assume told UEFA privately what they thought of it, which is why the club issued the 'good of football'/taking the pinch statement at the time.
I imagine there would be a fair amount of lawyerly mediation/arbitration before it got anywhere near CAS.

I imagine there's a fair bit going on right now come to that. City will have been in communication with UEFA over the last month, without a shadow of a doubt.

I imagine there's a fair bit going on right now come to that. City will have been in communication with UEFA over the last month, without a shadow of a doubt.

Without question, and I think that's why UEFA haven't yet got a comment on what is going to happen. They'll be weighing up if there is anything they can pursue.

I presume if UEFA had the brass neck to attempt a ban we'd go straight to CAS and mediate after.

That's possible. I wouldn't expect any 'ban' level sanction to be forthcoming in under a month since SpiegelTag. As Henkeman suggests, I doubt the UEFA lawyers would let them do something which doesn't have a very firm basis.

Without question, and I think that's why UEFA haven't yet got a comment on what is going to happen. They'll be weighing up if there is anything they can pursue.

And equally why City have stayed silent apart from one short statement. I'm not remotely surprised UEFA have said it's being looked at, there's realistically nothing else they could say.

Exactly my thoughts.

Couldn't say 'we're not looking'!

If it was a can of worms they didn't want opened, then saying it was being examined, going off to the Maldives for a bit and then coming back and saying there was nothing incriminating but that City have been reminded of their responsibilities in future would be the path of least resistance....shall we say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.