Champions League ban?

Well, I don't want to go too far down this route, as it's a fairly esoteric subject, but I would very much doubt that City have failed in the most basic of legal avenues of reserving their right to challenge the rules under which they operate.
Maybe, but it makes it more difficult to challenge them.
The case in Belgium should have them snookered anyway tbf and it's better to let fans fight it than for City to end up in the courts. CAS have already as good as said the idea of banning a team is ridiculous.

I think the AC Milan appeal shows the difficulty UEFA has in banning clubs from UEFA tournaments and thus that banning City even for a year may not be possible even if the leaks published by Der Spiegel prove at all useful in taking action against City. IF they do - and it is an enormous "if" - City would not pursue any action in CAS to soften any sanctions handed down but would challenge the whole principle of the ban on owner investment in the ECJ. And it has to be pointed out that in the ruling on the Bosman case UEFA were warned that cases brought before the ECJ would be dealt with on the basis of what the law was and NOT what UEFA decided were the best interests of football. I think PB is spot on in suggesting that UEFA would much rather let sleeping dogs lie.

I think the AC Milan appeal shows the difficulty UEFA has in banning clubs from UEFA tournaments and thus that banning City even for a year may not be possible even if the leaks published by Der Spiegel prove at all useful in taking action against City. IF they do - and it is an enormous "if" - City would not pursue any action in CAS to soften any sanctions handed down but would challenge the whole principle of the ban on owner investment in the ECJ. And it has to be pointed out that in the ruling on the Bosman case UEFA were warned that cases brought before the ECJ would be dealt with on the basis of what the law was and NOT what UEFA decided were the best interests of football. I think PB is spot on in suggesting that UEFA would much rather let sleeping dogs lie.
Why not do both? Does one preclude the other?

I agree completely, but there is a big difference if Kaldoon was to call a press conference specifically to counter these claims on a world wide stage rather than hoping some journalist can be arsed to report some facts already in the public domain
The detail laid out by Prestwich Blue was exceptional and should be used wherever possible to educate people who do not understand what has really happened.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to read Prestwich Blues post?

Apparently it’s “Whistle Blowing” and even though hacking is illegal the perpetrators are protected under European Law.

Also, I heard that twat Lipton say on the radio sports organisations are legally entitled to make their own rules up under European law and there’s nothing wrong with banning “cheats”

Along with the looming possible transfer ban (along with Chelsea) from FIFA for breaking rules on signing youth players and being restricted by UEFA on the number of loan players that will be allowed a ban from the CL is a full house for shafting us, a Premier League team will benefit (could well be the Rags) so the following will all be happy:

Premier League - Gill, Board Member

Rags - Gill, Board Member

Uefa - Gill, Board Member

Fifa - Gill, Board Member and Vice Chairman

Bent as fuck

The Football Association (not the Premier League). Your point about the undue influence through multi memberships remains absolutely valid though. DG has prejudicial interests in key organisations and, as a current Board Director of Utd and former Finance Director and CEO of Utd, ultimately has their interests at the forefront of his thinking which manifests itself in adversely affecting City.

I'm proud to admit I got that quote out of him when asking what the reaction to our takeover was at the swamp.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/man-city-never-big-united-10066201

He (DG) added: “Clearly, they have raised their game and it (City) is a very well run club.

“It’s very exciting for the Premier League. They will, without a doubt, be a long term player and a force to be reckoned with for many years.

“And I think Manchester United have got to respond to that as well as other clubs.”

We all know how Utd have responded on the pitch as their downward spiral demonstrates. The crucial question is how have they responded off the pitch? Now that it`s happened in their lifetime, what are their Board Directors actively doing and influencing to control and limit City`s upward progression?

We are accused of false accounting or inflating our UAE deals. The only one of significance that affects the current game is the Etihad deal at £67.5m pa. I think most observers would accept the UAE finance amounts to around £80m pa with the Etihad worth 80% of it.

This stems from the Der Spiegel email claims which suggest that City routed about £50m (I forget the exact figure now) through AUG.

Two points about this:

1) Etihad claim they are fully liable for this
2) Are a section of the media who have appointed themselves as self-appointed judges, seriously going to believe that MCFC, Premier League Champions of England, are going to accept a sponsorship deal involving stadium and shirt rights for approx. £10m pa? Absolutely ridiculous.

I think the point is or certainly could be made that City/ADUG did not need the money. It was far better for ADUG to help promote Etihad as an airline. The money was not relevant. Yes we could have got far more from another sponser but that was not the point in accepting Etihad as a sponser.

Maybe a rendition of "We're Man City we do want we want" against Hoffenheim next week will wind up all the haters , if we are to become the most hated club in football we may as well get our £2 billion penneth worth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.