Zack Steffen

Status
Not open for further replies.
American teams but many of the players are Canadian.
Not so fast, my friend. The US Mens Hockey team is currently ranked #4 in rhe World by the IHF. The lowest ranking they've held is 7th.

It's considered a member of rhe "Big Six", the six strongest ice hockey nations. So yes. The USA is good at ice hockey.

Reactions: nmc
Not so fast, my friend. The US Mens Hockey team is currently ranked #4 in rhe World by the IHF. The lowest ranking they've held is 7th.

It's considered a member of rhe "Big Six", the six strongest ice hockey nations. So yes. The USA is good at ice hockey.
What are the populations of the teams around them?

What are the populations of the teams around them?
I see what you're aiming at though I'm not sure it is an accurate way to gauge anything. Outside of the New England states, and the upper Midwest, Michigan, North Dakota, Wisconsin, etc, and likely Alaska, hockey is a pretty niche sport for young people to play.

In most areas hockey is an afterthought for kids. Most play football, football, baseball, basketball and lacrosse is popular in some areas.

I'm not concermed about what a nation's population is in this discussion. The original remark was the U.S. isn't good at sport other countries play. As a nation the US is very good in basketball and ice hockey. Also athletics/track & field, though I'm not sure that qualifies as a team sport even though in meets the points are tallied and the team with the most points wins the meet.

I see what you're aiming at though I'm not sure it is an accurate way to gauge anything. Outside of the New England states, and the upper Midwest, Michigan, North Dakota, Wisconsin, etc, and likely Alaska, hockey is a pretty niche sport for young people to play.

In most areas hockey is an afterthought for kids. Most play football, football, baseball, basketball and lacrosse is popular in some areas.

I'm not concermed about what a nation's population is in this discussion. The original remark was the U.S. isn't good at sport other countries play. As a nation the US is very good in basketball and ice hockey. Also athletics/track & field, though I'm not sure that qualifies as a team sport even though in meets the points are tallied and the team with the most points wins the meet.
Croatia are a country that are good at team sports.
The USA are a country that occasionally blunder into top rankings due to sheer weight of population.

Croatia are a country that are good at team sports.
The USA are a country that occasionally blunder into top rankings due to sheer weight of population.

Yes there are some nation's like Croatia. Some like Ireland, small nations are not.

Other than bias, you've not realky made much of a point. Some nation's excel at some athletic endeavours. Some for whatever reason do not. I'd guess it comes down to interest in a nations population and starts growing from there.

This guy looks decent enough, but he's a million miles away from Ederson. I imagine he'll be sleeping pretty well

The opposing teams are scoring goals creating very few goal situations, I know that it is not 100% Ederson's fault, but that something more could be done, more than his excellent ball game with his feet, the first thing that should be demanded is that an goalkeeper it stops The few times that they finish us to the goal.

Last edited:
I have to confess I don’t understand this deal for either party. Unless We have already identified that Muric doesn’t have it, I wouldn’t have thought we need another goalkeeper. And for the player, if you are already, as someone else said, the best goalie in the MLS by a long way, and first choice fir the US National team, why would you come here to play an occasional cup game ? Seem like a career limiting move to me.
A step up then, and a big one. He'll also be used to playing against old has beens and youth players.

Win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.