Zack Steffen

Status
Not open for further replies.
USA goalkeeper Zack Steffen (23) completed his Manchester City medical on Thursday and finalised his transfer from Columbus Crew for a £6m fee - rising to £10m. With a work permit unlikely right away, Steffen is expected to be loaned out in January, possibly to Nice. [Goal]

USA goalkeeper Zack Steffen (23) completed his Manchester City medical on Thursday and finalised his transfer from Columbus Crew for a £6m fee - rising to £10m. With a work permit unlikely right away, Steffen is expected to be loaned out in January, possibly to Nice. [Goal]
Will he replace Bravo next summer? I’ve heard he’s supposed to be decent but not sure what we signed him for.

Looking at the fee, which is big for goalkeeper coming from MLS, looks like he will be back up to Ederson as soon as possible. City probably will pay off Bravo as he has deal until 2020.

Muric needs to play regularly to develop

I have to confess I don’t understand this deal for either party. Unless We have already identified that Muric doesn’t have it, I wouldn’t have thought we need another goalkeeper. And for the player, if you are already, as someone else said, the best goalie in the MLS by a long way, and first choice fir the US National team, why would you come here to play an occasional cup game ? Seem like a career limiting move to me.

I have to confess I don’t understand this deal for either party. Unless We have already identified that Muric doesn’t have it, I wouldn’t have thought we need another goalkeeper. And for the player, if you are already, as someone else said, the best goalie in the MLS by a long way, and first choice fir the US National team, why would you come here to play an occasional cup game ? Seem like a career limiting move to me.
Buy him, loan him to Nice, let him make a name for himself in Europe, sell him for a big profit. Think Mooy. NYCFC give us a unique knowledge of MLS players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.