Leicester (A) League Cup QF - Pre Match Thread

Leicester v City Carabao Cup QF prediction (after 90 mins)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a quarter final so strong team for me rest a few v palace

Muric

Walker/Danilo
Vinny
Stones
Delph

Gudongan
Foden
Kdb

Sterling
Jesus
Sane

Ederson
Walker/Danilo
Zinchenko
Laporte
Fernandinho
Aguero
Mahrez

When is the draw for semi final btw? After our game or next day after the North London derby? Or some other day in future? Way things stand one of the big boys would get the lower league team over two legs ... wouldn’t mind if that’s us (again, like last year) as there’d be lots to play for in January in the league and Liverpool won’t have any of these mid week games ...

Well, Walker is visibly knackered, Stones is carrying a knock, Delph gets too many soft tissue injuries to play every few days, Laporte took a few heavy knocks yesterday, Danilo and Mendy are out injured and Muric plays the cups, so for me the defence picks itself.

I don’t disagree with any of that
I just think Leicester could cause some problems against that defence

I don’t disagree with any of that
I just think Leicester could cause some problems against that defence
Oh of course they will, if they pick a full strength team. We'll cause them problems too. It's the league cup, it's the lowest priority of the 4 competitions and we've got a lot of games coming up, can't risk the likes of Walker, Delph, Stones and Laporte in this one if they're not 100% imo.

Muric

Bolton
Kompany
Otamendi
Zinchenko

Gundogan
Foden
De Bruyne (sub off early)

Mahrez
Jesus
Matondo/Diaz
Would love this. If Diaz is leaving I would prefer Matondo. He’s been outstanding for the U19s and the EDS lately, and several Bundesliga clubs are scouting him. We have to make sure we don’t lose him as well

Would love this. If Diaz is leaving I would prefer Matondo. He’s been outstanding for the U19s and the EDS lately, and several Bundesliga clubs are scouting him. We have to make sure we don’t lose him as well
Yeah he looks ready imo, has the raw physicality that Diaz and Foden were missing when they stepped up as well which may make it easier for him. I'd like to see a couple of Poveda, Garcia, Pozo, Bernabe on the bench as well but who knows what Guardiola thinks of them.

I think Leicester will play their strongest team. As a club this is their best chance of silverware. They will be desperate to win something as tribute to the owner/Chairman.
We should play a strong side also.

Yeah he looks ready imo, has the raw physicality that Diaz and Foden were missing when they stepped up as well which may make it easier for him. I'd like to see a couple of Poveda, Garcia, Pozo, Bernabe on the bench as well but who knows what Guardiola thinks of them.
Poveda`s in great form, but physically I don`t think he`s close to the first team at all, and he`s not the quickest winger either, which makes me think that he would be a better fit centrally (he`s very very similar to Bernardo). Garcia was great in the preseason, but he`s just returned from a 3 month injury and played a few games for the EDS, so this might be too soon. I rate Pozo very highly, probably even higher than Claudio Gomes, and he looks like a very typical Pep type DM, but his physicality could be an issue. Not sure if Bernabe is better than Taylor Richards or Felix Nmecha, but he`s a big talent for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.