Duncan Castles

I do have some grudging admiration for PEG.

He hasn't wanted to be there since the summer and was practically daring United to sack him, just so he could collect £18m.

He'll be in a new job within weeks.

Inter or Madrid.

The guy would roll down a mountain of shit and come up smelling of roses.

I'm gonna enjoy him tearing United apart in public these next few days.

I would imagine the settlement agreement will preclude any badmouthing of Utd.

What was his username on here? Want to pass on my condolences but he's blocked me on Twitter.

There was a rumour that he was 'Sun Jihad', cos that particular user made a couple of very obvious rag troll type posts on here during the Der Spiegel revelations, which were promptly quoted two days later by Castles on his Twitter feed, with the nitwit-in-chief claiming the thoughts were those of "a Manchester City fan". Either Castles stumbled upon Sun Jihad's posts by chance or he created the account on Blue Moon and then quoted himself like a great big sad case. If we ran a poll, I suspect most people would be inclined to believe in the latter.....

I think he was slowly building something at United until they lost away to Huddersfield last season. Since then it's fallen away in stages. They lost the first derby of last season to fall 11 points behind in the league, they then went behind inside the first minute against Spurs in a game they needed to win to keep the title race going, then they lost at home to West Brom to give us the title.

I was listening to Guardian Football Weekly a few days ago and one of the panellists asked a very simple question, "Regardless of what you think of Mourinho, he's been there two seasons and they've spent a lot of money - what single tactic or style of play are United actually good at, or defines them?" and the answer is nothing. They have no identity, no system they can rely on defensively or offensively, no plan, no real direction as a club or as a team.

It's not all down to Mourinho - their board looks at the game in the wrong way, their transfer policy has been bizarre for years, their owners are still milking the club dry and preventing it from becoming what it's in position to be - but he's the first large piece of a big puzzle that needs to be solved before United can get back to challenging us. There was still some comedy value in him being there, though, and I'm sad they've seen sense.

Well the beauty of the system they have in place, as you've described above, is that no matter who they bring in I can't see anything changing significantly.
You'd only hope that they employ some other similar genius who can accelorate their demise.

Reactions: bga
Who do you want in @Falco? Or is it easier to say who you don't want in?
I really like Jardim: works with young players (including in the past Martial), can play exciting football and will adapt according to his players, reached a CL semi-final and finished ahead of PSG who usually dominate Ligue 1. Unlike Poch he has had success.

But honestly after Jose almost anyone, even if it’s just an interim like Solskjaer until the end of the season as long as some positivity is brought back to the club. Mourinho was like an anchor tying the club down and it’s hard to have any sympathy for him.

I really like Jardim: works with young players (including in the past Martial), can play exciting football and will adapt according to his players, reached a CL semi-final and finished ahead of PSG who usually dominate Ligue 1. Unlike Poch he has had success.

But honestly after Jose almost anyone, even if it’s just an interim like Solskjaer until the end of the season as long as some positivity is brought back to the club. Mourinho was like an anchor tying the club down and it’s hard to have any sympathy for him.

Would you 'give it Gigsey'?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.