Pop up ads

Surely doing that just stops you getting tailored adverts? I'm not convinced that will solve it myself. I was using an Ad blocker (sorry Ric) due to redirects on a Win/Chrome PC but I've disabled it for the site after a good clean out, I'll see if there's anymore since I tried your method.
Still no issues since I white listed the site again on Win 10/Chrome 64 bit.

Thanks for flagging. Will let the ad company know and hopefully get it resolved asap.

Unfortunately it is getting worse. I get redirected every few seconds on my iPad and iPhone, both. Painful. Thank you.

I am hoping that @Ric will eventually notice and do something to fix it.

Sorry for the delay in replying, Christmas and that. This only seems to be affecting users in certain areas in the US, which makes it difficult to trace. I’ve flagged it with the ad company, and am waiting to hear back. Will keep you posted.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in replying, Christmas and that. This only seems to be affecting users in certain areas in the US, which makes it difficult to trace. I’ve flagged it with the ad company, and am waiting to hear back. Will keep you posted.

Thanks much. Merry Christmas.

If any of you could let me know the following information it would help greatly in identifying what is causing the problem:

- URL where the user was redirected from (assume bluemoon forum thread)
- the browser they were using
- the device
- the location (US?)
- the landing page the malvertising sent them to

If any of you could let me know the following information it would help greatly in identifying what is causing the problem:

- the device
- the location (US?)

Here you go:

- various forum threads on Bluemoon
- Safari on mobile devices
- iPhone & iPad
- Oklahoma, US
- One is "AT&T Mobility LLC" at essilorrewardcenter.ooo & the other is "Cox Communications LLC" at gettysburggiftcenter.ooo

As of right now the MacBook Pro seems to be working - otherwise I wouldn't be able to post.

One quirky thing for me possibly is Cox Communications is my actual cable provider and AT&T is my mobile data plan provider.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Here you go:

- various forum threads on Bluemoon
- Safari on mobile devices
- iPhone & iPad
- Oklahoma, US
- One is "AT&T Mobility LLC" at essilorrewardcenter.ooo & the other is "Cox Communications LLC" at gettysburggiftcenter.ooo

As of right now the MacBook Pro seems to be working - otherwise I wouldn't be able to post.

One quirky thing for me possibly is Cox Communications is my actual cable provider and AT&T is my mobile data plan provider.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

That’s great, many thanks mate.

- the device
- the location (US?)
Thanks for trying to resolve the issue, Ric!

Here are my details:

- Any Bluemoon thread link
- Safari, Chrome, Opera (iOS)
- iPad, iPhone (seems to be more frequent on my iPad, strangely enough)
- Boston, MA, USA
- I will try to grab the actual page link the next time it happens, but it is usually a fake Google or Amazon contest winner page (and it is a forced redirect, so there is no getting out of it once it is initiated).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.